LINK 04-May-15
LINK 04-May-15
LINK 04-May-15
LINK 04-May-15
Muley 04-May-15
LINK 06-May-15
Muley 06-May-15
03-May-15
A friend and I were lucky enough to draw a first season, unit 15 elk tag. We are going to dyi and was wondering if anyone has any info they could share to get us pointed in the right direction. If someone has hunted the unit and would like to talk with me on the experience they had in the unit, I would love to hear from you. Just curious how the hunting pressure is and how many people are running around scouting and what not.

04-May-15
I hunted 15 early season in 2012 under the old 3 season system. My brother and I ran into no hunters while hunting but we did see many camps along the road. There are very few unknown honey holes and the ones that I know will remain with me. That said there are areas of low pressure and you should seek those areas out. In 2012 the elk were bugling early and some were coming to cow calls. I have hunted the unit a few other times and never had trouble finding elk. Water holes could bring you across more people but, if the elk aren't talking, I would hunt water in the evening especially the first half of the hunt. I'll pm you some areas to look into when I am home around my maps. If your willing to shoot a bull under 330 you should have a great hunt. There are no doubt some bigger bulls but the 290-320 class is a lot easier to find. Have a great hunt.

04-May-15

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
A few pics from 2014 cow hunt.

04-May-15

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

04-May-15

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

04-May-15

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

04-May-15

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
2012 early archery.

04-May-15

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

04-May-15

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

04-May-15
Link,

Thanks for the response. I would love to talk with you about what you thought about your hunt. How many people you ran into, terrain and quality and quantity of elk you saw. We have hunted Montana and Wyoming for elk and are excited for some new terrain.

06-May-15
Muley I sent a pm let me know if you got it.

06-May-15
LINK, got your pm. I appreciate the response and the photos above. I'd like to give you a call sometime to talk with about the area sometime.

• Sitka Gear