ohiohunter 17-May-15
Trevor Probandt 24-May-15
Labby 25-May-15
Barrera 04-Jun-15
Labby 07-Jun-15
Saulhudson 15-Jun-15
Coues HNTR 31-Jul-15
03-May-15
My son and I drew the 2 nd archery season. Looking for some info on unit. I know it is rugged with little roads. What type of bulls are harvested. Has anyone had any good experiences with the unit?

17-May-15
see

24-May-15
It will be HOT!!! What kind of shape are you in? Go west out of Chloride, go as far down Chloride creek as you want to. Then climb north, the canyons are steep, but the tops are flat, lots of cedar/juniper/prickly pear up top. Second week is going to be tough, but you won't see anybody where I hunted mulies last year. Glass, glass, glass, don't spent time or energy camping down low. Get on top and be glassing at daylight, you can always climb down for water during mid day. It is cool country that is WAY bigger than it seems. There is a reason there are no roads, you will see why soon.

As for elk, I glassed up two wall hangers looking for deer, and personally saw several locals with pictures that make the Gila world famous. Only food, gas, etc is Winston, NM. I suggest getting set up in Truth or Consequences.

PS This is NM, you will see just about everyone driving any road possible, but very few folks want to bivy hunt/hike up high. Again, it will be HOT!!!! Be in good shape as you can, and bring sunscreen and WATER!!!!

Shoot me your number, and we can talk via phone.

25-May-15
Thanks for reply. I have hunted 17 and 23 before. We are planning on September 15 to 24. Been working on elk shape for a while. Kid is 23 and in great shape it will take me a bit longer but I am too dumb to quit so I can keep up with most. I will pm you so we can talk

04-Jun-15
Pm sent

07-Jun-15
Not sure whT happened but it would not let me log in. Now I re registered with same info and I have same user name but none of my pm messages are there. Any ideas

15-Jun-15
I plan on buying a leftover 21 tag for deer. Any tips for area to scout?

31-Jul-15
WIll be in there on the 2nd hunt as well.

• Sitka Gear