Vids 13-May-15
cnelk 13-May-15
Fulldraw1972 13-May-15
willliamtell 13-May-15
LFN 13-May-15
txhunter58 13-May-15
Cheque 13-May-15
13-May-15
What is this "Back Door" I keep hearing about concerning the application process?

13-May-15
Normally that refers to Colorado applications. If you have some of those, I will explain

For other states, I don't have a clue

13-May-15
The "Back Door" refers to ways to check whether you drew a tag before actually results are out. The specific way can vary from state to state and from year to year. Examples include seeing charges come through on your credit card or license websites showing you own a tag or license ahead of the actually announcement of results.

13-May-15
In CO, you can look at your application status and preference points and find out if you drew a tag before its officially posted.

Something to do when not turkey hunting, but sorta like having the doc tell you if its gonna be a boy or a girl. I like to wait until its official :^)

13-May-15
In Utah, you can start looking for credit card charges as early as this Friday.

13-May-15
I keep hearing that CO shut the back-door down from various hunter buddies of mine. I'm with Glunt, I'd rather wait. However I just went and checked and my Deer points seem to not be there (I applied PP, hoping for second choice), but my Elk are (bought a preference point, OTC). Speculation is fun, but I always wait until I have my tags or check in hand before I get too excited! But bigeasygator has it right, that is unless you're a hacker!

13-May-15
Thanks everyone. I was hoping it was a way to stack the odds in your favor for what ever application you submit.

13-May-15
Remember - The Backdoor 500 successful code only shows for your 1st Choice.

13-May-15
I wish!! It's just a way to "know" if you drew before the announcements come out. Sometimes they prove true, sometimes they prove false. Every year it seems somebody comes up with a new way to try to determine their results in the draw, many prove real, some are deadends. Again, things like looking at credit card charges (these tend to be positive), trying to buy a license to see if you already "own" one, checking your purchases on the game and fish websites to see if the results are posted there first, or looking at a change in your preference points prior to the announcement all are "back door" methods of checking the draw.

13-May-15
NM backdoor:

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=222668&MESSAGES=67&state=NM

The WY backdoor was to see if a refund warrant was issued; that method has been removed and won't be back.

13-May-15
You know when a "500" code appears in your list of licenses applied for. So if it shows moose app 435 now you disnt draw. If it shows moose application 545, for instance, you did draw.

I have all 400s so far...

13-May-15
You sure about that cnelk? 500 code should just mean that you have a license on file, regardless of which choice it is.

I guess I'll be able to confirm this in a week or two, as both my elk and deer tags should draw something between choices 2 and 4.

13-May-15
Vids - yep pretty sure. But I been wrong before. LOL!

13-May-15
the Colorado back door method worked last year for elk. I found out a week early we didn't draw and was over the counter again.

13-May-15
You can have a 500 code for a second choice as well. At least I have the last two years I have drawn my second choice and checked the back door for a 500 code.

I dont want to say your wrong cnelk but.....

13-May-15
I'm all for early info if it helps plan pending app strategies, but admit it mostly it's kid in the candy store stuff - a week or two more lead time.

In this day of zero float banking, given the modest finsncial benefit gained by F&G Depts hanging onto your $$, why not close the app period and announce the results quickly? Make it more like election results.

13-May-15
last year Colorado screwed up on the deer draw, back door showed results then went away and they did the draw again.

my daughters boss lost on the second round and to add insult to it he got called for a survey for a tag he didn't get.

just shows the back door is not official

13-May-15
Of course "backdoor for sheep" has a double meaning. At least that is what I have heard....

13-May-15
The sheep I saw in Wyoming while pronghorn hunting were pretty husky for any "backdoor" approach...

• Sitka Gear