wildwilderness 14-May-15
Redclub 14-May-15
BruinPoint 14-May-15
slapshot 15-May-15
bowhunt1 21-May-15
ki-ke 22-May-15
Adventurewriter 25-May-15
14-May-15
With 22 elk points in Colorado I applied for unit 61 in the draw. I'm 65 years old, and my body is getting tired. I have minor mobility issues and slow down at higher elevations. I'm looking for an outfitter in unit 61. Any recommendations?

14-May-15
Garvey Bros.

14-May-15
Austin Massey

14-May-15
I hired Dustin Garvey to pack a bull out of Tabeguache and he was great. Super friendly and hustled out of his camp to help. I wouldn't look past Garvey's.

14-May-15
There are a lot of accessible elk in 61, I wouldn't think you would need someone to find the elk for you, just listen to the bugles.

The Weimers also guide and pack out there.

14-May-15
61 is very easy to hunt,really don't need a guide but?

14-May-15
Any of those previously mentioned will get you into good elk and will have reasonable accommodations. It's still a hunt and will take some walking, but at least you won't have to worry about getting a bull out on your back. I know Austin and Denise Massey and they are good people. I can almost promise you won't hate Denise's cooking. http://dominguezoutfitters.com/

15-May-15
I 2nd giving the Weimers a call, They are very flexible in working with you.

21-May-15
Bob I sent you a PM

22-May-15
Why, on threads like this, do some guys insist on providing an answer exactly contrary to what was asked?

This gentleman asked for outfitter recommendations and gave the parameters of what he was looking for.

He never asked if he should do the hunt DIY or not....

25-May-15
hahaha ki-ke I was think the same thing..

• Sitka Gear