smokinf15 11-Jun-15
bighorn 11-Jun-15
Colo_Lee 11-Jun-15
huntabsarokee 11-Jun-15
Jason Scott 12-Jun-15
midwest 12-Jun-15
12yards 12-Jun-15
10-Jun-15
Going elk hunting this September in Colorado. Going on the 14th. Typical Colorado. Aspens and open Sage.

Thinking about the Cabela's Microtex Zonz Western.

Any thoughts or other recommendations

10-Jun-15
I wore the Microtex in outfitter green and it worked out great.

10-Jun-15
Also looking at the Sitka Ascent line

10-Jun-15
I've got two September Seasons on a pair of Microtex pants. Liked them so much I bought a second pair.

Good product, works well for Colorado, wet or dry weather. Hard to beat for the price.

Best of Luck Jeff

10-Jun-15
I like microtex (n outfitter). For the money they are very good. (although just looking they have gone up in price) I really like the heavy shirt, it's my go to second layer in many cases. Tough, quiet, comfortable. Dries fast. The pants I don't care for the cut of them, but obviously they fit others pretty well.

Good stuff.

10-Jun-15
Yup the microtex in either outfitter green or zonz western is great. I took mine and washed it in nikwax just to give it a little extra protection in wet weather. Not waterproof by any means but does help it bead up droplets and dry a little faster. Wait for it to go on sale. I guarantee it will before sept.

10-Jun-15
Microtex is one of the best bargains you could ever find IMO. I happen to just like my Sitka pants a little better simply because they don't grab my knees when climbing steep terrain as much.

10-Jun-15
got zone western and z-woodland. hella stout, and won't kill you like cotton if it gets wet. one thing I didn't like was the western has a light inside color, so if you roll up your sleeves you will have a lighter band where the inside shows, interesting, the zone woodland had a darker tan inside so problem with that shirt.

11-Jun-15
I liked my Microtex pants enough that I didn't look at anything else for about 7-8 years.

Now I wish that I'd looked earlier because the good stuff from Kuiu and Sitka is worlds better for fit. The Microtex pants always caught on my knees. It's worse when sweating some. Kuiu Tiburon is my favorite now.

11-Jun-15
I have been checking out the KUIU Attack Pants and they look great. Not too worried if they cost a little more than the Microtex.

What is everyones thoughts on not getting CAMO pants. Thinking I might get the Major Brown or Phantom Pants along with the Chinook Jacket in VIAS CAMO.

What do you think?

11-Jun-15
Where's Lou when you need him?? Ask his opinion on camo! :)

11-Jun-15
I have some that is probably 10 years or so old and still great

11-Jun-15
Great stuff, stinks bad after a couple days of sweating. Merino is my recommendation.

11-Jun-15
Have the KUIU products for the last 4-5yrs. no problems with any of the products. A lot of hard Mt. hiking there still in great shape. Great patterns.

11-Jun-15
Personal opinion on using cabelas zone Como I would not and will not use it again ever time I wore it animals seem to spot me right off just sitting not moving as soon as the looked my way they locked on and spooked

11-Jun-15
Dont think you need camo for elk. I started buying all solid green colors when available. Usually cheaper and can where them more often.

12-Jun-15
Is it nylon or polyester? Nylon does not belong in hunting clothing because it soaks up water. Not as bad as cotton but almost. Polyester for the most part does not.

12-Jun-15
Microtex is a bargain and great material! Quiet and dries quick. I bought both pairs I own from the bargain cave for $30 ea. Had them for 7 years now and they are both still in excellent condition.

12-Jun-15
I bought some a long time ago when it first came out. Stuff last forever. Seriously. And it holds its color well too.

• Sitka Gear