Mark Watkins 20-Jun-15
HUNT MAN 28-Jun-15
stealthykitty 29-Jun-15
pop-r 29-Jun-15
bigmart 30-Jun-15
19-Jun-15

bigmart's embedded Photo
bigmart's embedded Photo
2014 eastern Oregon otc 7x6 12 yard shot, great year lots of good bulls, looking forward to this year. Good luck to all.

19-Jun-15
awesome bull! nice job!

19-Jun-15
Cool bull, Mart! Is that the out or the in hole?

Tell the Story!

19-Jun-15
Hey Marty, It's Andrew. Are getting that one mounted? When are you going up this year. I drew a Nevada elk tag, so it will just be weekends for me this year. Good memories!

19-Jun-15
Sweet!

Is that a rosy?

Forgive me....

Good luck, Robb

19-Jun-15
Beautiful! Nice shootin' !

He does have that Roosy look to him...

19-Jun-15
Here is the story, we have been hunting the same area for about 8 years it took 2 years to really get to know the area. The camp across the street always shot 3 or 4 bulls every year, we would go to all the hell holes, hike for miles and get into the elk but could not close the deal. We finally got smart and realized that the elk were not only in the hell holes and miles into the wilderness, they were all around our camp just off any given road, 300 yards behind or camp. We started finding success learning our immediate area. Regarding this bull, we were just off a skid road 1/2 mile from camp, I had been hunting this area for a couple of days and their was a lot of bugling and action, I came close to having a shot at a 7x7, I was excited to get back their the next morning, Three of us went in together and it was quiet, we bugled with no response so we sat down to have a smoke and get some water all the sudden a bull bugled right out in front of us, we got up and moved right at the sound 30 yards apart, walked 50 yards the bull was right in front of me behind a thicket of trees he came through the trees turned broadside and the slick trick entered through the front shoulder and he wheeled around and went about 50 yards and tipped over. I could not believe what happened it was so fast, I was extremely happy. Sorry the story was so long, but never overlook the areas right in front of you. Good Luck.

19-Jun-15
Thanks for the story.

19-Jun-15
Andrew , congrats on your Nevada tag, how do you keep drawing great tags. I am getting him mounted he is a good bull for our area, and thanks for all your help packing him out. I am planning on this year, I don't know my dates yet, however it wont be the whole season. See ya up their. BIGMART.

19-Jun-15
Marty, I like the part of the story when the guys across the street cut up & helped pack it out :)

19-Jun-15

bigmart's embedded Photo
bigmart's embedded Photo
Yes, RDH (Ryan) I forgot to mention our friends and great elk hunters across the street cut it up and packed it all out for me, I carried out a small tarp.

19-Jun-15
Thanks for the beer at the 4 wheeler! Maybe this year we can switch it up I'll get the tarp you can have the quarter. I will be up weekends and last week.

19-Jun-15

bigmart's embedded Photo
bigmart's embedded Photo
Another picture of the butchers and packers.

19-Jun-15
Boy that guy on the left sure looks like a stud!

19-Jun-15
Were is his Brother at? I think I brought the cold ones? Ron was in camp holding down the fort! LOL

20-Jun-15
Congrats ! A great story on multiple accounts! "Elk hunters helping elk hunters!"

Mark

28-Jun-15
Great bull. Hunt

29-Jun-15
so it was a quarter away shot or frontal ? looks frontal ( another deadly frontal shot ?)

my best bull looks a lot like yours - heavy, dark ... pretty :)

29-Jun-15
Nothing about that entrance says "frontal"

30-Jun-15
this shot was almost broadside, slightly quartering to me. shot straight up front leg.

• Sitka Gear