Surfbow 23-Jun-15
Matte 23-Jun-15
TEmbry 23-Jun-15
pop-r 23-Jun-15
TEmbry 23-Jun-15
dkidaho 25-Jun-15
Kevin Dill 27-Jun-15
21-Jun-15
I just found out I'm getting a pair of the Attack pants as a father's day gift. :) Of course, they're on backorder. :(

I don't think I've ever visited their website when they weren't on backorder. What do they do, put everyone on a waiting list and ship them out as they come in? Any idea how long of a wait I can expect?

Hope they're here by September!

21-Jun-15
I have no clue. I've been waiting 5 months for a pair of gaiters. I've contacted them several and they're always prompt and receptive to my concern but still no gaiters.

I believe i'm on a list and will get them as they come in when it's my turn.

Very frustrating!!!

21-Jun-15
The only thing I've ever bought from them were the gaiters and they were in stock! lol

21-Jun-15
Hey Midwest u might wanna switch order if u could to alpine pants they close to the attack pants but have knee pads built in them. Plus they in stock now lol

21-Jun-15
CAll and change your order for the alpines.. You'll be happy and they're in stock

21-Jun-15
Wife ordered me a pair of attacks in mid may for my birthday. I called them the a few days ago and they told me to start looking for them to ship around the end of July.

21-Jun-15
I purchased a pair of attack pants and guide pants in April at the PNY Convention and they are still not here. No need for them right now so I'm really not concerned. I knew it was going to be a while when I placed the order. I respect their business model and am willing to wait great quality products at the price point they offer.

21-Jun-15
Only alpines I've seen in stock for a while now are the 30 inch waist or 38/40. Seems all the mid range waist sizes didn't last long for the alpines.

21-Jun-15

21-Jun-15

21-Jun-15
just relax any retailere can get you stuff on time when ordered. that is the standard norm. kuiu makes the whole process an adventure. enjoy it. embrace it. it's part of the deal you signed up for.

the longer the wait the sweeter the day when it finally comes.

The Kuiu model is not like most retailers where the send you what you want when you want it. They send it when they can. That's fair. Their business is built this way and the products are great so getting it when you want it is over-rated a bit. It will come when they get a chance to send it to you and you will be thankful for it. That is the way to view the inventory control program at Kuiu

21-Jun-15
I also placed an order at the PY convention including a pair of attack pants for everyday use. I have a pair for hunting and they are my go to pants. When I recieved my confirmation email I called and cancelled whatever was out of stock including the attack pants. Needed them sooner than later. Maybe if I think about it in the future and they are in stock I will order a pair. But then again maybe not.

21-Jun-15
They don't even list a 32" waist in the Alpines.

15% off Father's Day sale going on right now! Hopefully, you'll have them by NEXT Father's Day! lol

21-Jun-15
I ordered a pair of attack pants beginning of March.... called them a couple weeks ago, and they said July. Of course, they said May in March.... so who knows.

I thought about going to the Alpine, but didn't think they would be near as comfortable.

21-Jun-15
I thought about the attack pants also, but the wait is too excessive. I think I will go with the new first lite Kanab 2.0

21-Jun-15
"15% off Father's Day sale going on right now! Hopefully, you'll have them by NEXT Father's Day! lol "

The 15% off is only for in stock items so good luck with that........

21-Jun-15
Actually that 15% is for in stock items in certain categories, and clothing is not in any of those categories.

So double good luck I guess...

--Jim

21-Jun-15
That is only one of the reasons I choose not to do business with them!

21-Jun-15
I have limited experience with Kuiu . I really like their products. Top quality. However, my current experience with my gaiter order has left a sour taste. If I do not receive the gaiters prior to the sept. elk hunt, it's doubtful i will do business with them again. My wife ordered the gaiters in November as a christmas present for me. We inquired into the status of the order in Feb. and was told the order had been cancelled. My wife and I did NOT cancel the order. So, we reordered the gaiters and still have not received them. Kuiu has been very nice in all correspondence and assures me we will receive the gaiters soon. I have initiated all correspondence.

B-bound, NOT the deal I signed up for... It's "fair" to have a reasonable expectation of delivery time..

21-Jun-15
I think that is a really lousy way to do business & I their market share should suffer substantially because of it!!

21-Jun-15
I have 5 pairs of pants from Kuiu, 4-5 shirts, 2 jackets, gaiters, and several gloves/hats/bino harness accessory type things.

I've never had to backorder anything. I guess I have the golden ticket when it comes to Kuiu or something.

21-Jun-15
Either that or you are XXL

21-Jun-15
I received my Alpines, guide vest, super down jacket and Yukon jacket that I ordered at the P&Y in two shipments, one a couple weeks after order and the second about a week ago. I'm waiting on a pair of the Attacks and gaiters but not really in a hurry as I still have a couple months until I really need them.

21-Jun-15
'Grant ...Are you calling me fat? ;)

22-Jun-15
Lol surprisingly its either a L or XL in everything, 36 pants.

Maybe I just don't wait until two months before bow season to order though. I typically buy everything at the end of fall hunting season or mid winter when my mind is still all about hunting season but there are no hunts left to do. It's got to be annoying for those who constantly run into problems I just never have personally.

22-Jun-15
So let's here it TEmbry, you're an obvious follower. Is the stuff that good? List it out if you don't mind, giving the best points to each piece of what you have. Who knows they may end up sending you some promo gear for it. I've contemplated it alot but when they don't even offer a size that fits me it makes it very difficult when you compile their other problems to "buy into" it. Enlighten us as to why they're superior please. Thanks in advance.

22-Jun-15
I am not ordering until I hear about people getting deliveries. Seems like a HUGE RED flag to me and others should be careful. Lack of inventory and unexplained delays could be a sign of looming problems that could leave people with unfilled orders and a company in trouble. Just saying and hoping not, I too am waiting for Attack Pants to become available.

22-Jun-15
I have ordered received the pants 4-6 months later. Though I tend to agree with everyone above about the backorder bs, the pants are just too nice to not get in line. I'm hooked to the fit, and lightweight fabric used.

Just ordered the Peloton zip hoody and love it. Have the Guide Vest and Guide jacket on backorder as we speak...

22-Jun-15
They don't charge you until the item you order is shipped.

22-Jun-15
The trick is to wait until Jason has a couple of big hunts scheduled. Then the inventory will spike and shipments will happen as the bills come due! Ha!

The gear is worth it, just know what you're getting into and how long it will take and you won't be let down. Compare it to the excitement of drawing a big tag. Maybe Kuiu should have bonus points for backorders?

22-Jun-15
Sfiremedic - too funny.

I too ordered gaitors in January and have not received them. I have inquired twice and have been told they're coming in March then July. It amazed me that KUIU couldn't send an e-mail giving me an update of the status of my order on occassion. I found out that the order is held up by the shipping strike on the West coast (quite a while ago), but I had to call to find this bit of information out.

The only thing that is allowing me to be patient is that I don't need the gaitors until the snow flies here in Montana, so maybe September. I was going to order pants . . . . . but I'm not sure what I'm doing in 2016 or 2017 (that's about the time it will take them to deliver if I order today). They must have some 3rd world person swimming them over on his/her back from Asia. The quality of the clothing is good, but I'm not sure if its worth it. I know we live in a "fast food society" here in the U.S., but 6+ months to deliver an order . . . . ???

22-Jun-15
This is always an issue with KUIU

22-Jun-15
This is why I continue to buy only Sitka Gear. I get the stuff that I want within 2 weeks of ordering and don't have to hope it shows up before hunting season. Not a good way to do business.

22-Jun-15
I have both KUIU and Sitka. I prefer KUIU for most but buy Sitka when the KUIU is out of stock.

22-Jun-15
I ordered 2 145 tops, Guide vest, and Attack pant. Shirts came relatively fast followed by the vest and pants are BO. I inquired a couple of weeks ago about the pants and was told end of June or first of July (No guarantee though). I then asked if I could get a refund on the shirts and vest (unopened) in the event I decided to go with another manufacturer. I was told no on the shirts and yes on the vest ONLY if I returned it before the end of June because I paid with a credit card. I've been assured by huntmaster that they're worth the wait so I'll wait....and hope. Fortunately I found a pair of second hand Attacks and got them on the way.

22-Jun-15
I placed an order last week and it came on Saturday. I got the Tiburon shorts.......wore them yesterday. Great shorts for warm weather.

Ordered the shorts a boonie hat and T-shirt. All came at once.

22-Jun-15
KUIU is a victim of their business model and philosophy. The idea was to build the best hunting apparel possible at a more affordable price than Sitka. This is why they do not sell their products at any retail outlets. It would essentially double the price. They mass oroduce oversees to keep costs down. These two factors create the very long back orders. The equipment is always ready for the hunting season but the delays are disappointing to say the least.

22-Jun-15
Well, I just placed an order for the new Fanatic jacket and bibs from Sitka and its on backorder until August..... Apparently its not just a KUIU thing. When gear is good, it's in demand, and if its in demand, supply issues happen. I've been 100% satisfied with KUIU and expect to be equally as happy with Sitka.

22-Jun-15
Patience.... that stud buck is bedded at 20 yards.... he'll stand up soon enough.... anybody can shoot a spike or a doe... that's what cabelas is for.... mass for the masses... =D

Never really had an issue with them, have pre-ordered a couple things, ordered on line, etc. I've never ordered anything that they said was in stock that wasn't. I knew it was backordered when I ordered it.

Backordered with small companies doesn't mean they just have to bring some in from their corporate warehouse. It means it's either in route on a container ship, is being made or possibly just scheduled to be made. Any or all of the above can have glitches and hangups. Just the latest dock strikes I imagine gummed things up a bit. I know several of our venders are still digging out of that mess.

For their quality at that price they are unbeatable, plus dealing with a small company... I'm fine with it. I know when I order what the deal is. I'm fine with going out of my way to not do business with a giant corp. Just a personal thing I guess.

I have a fair amount of gear from them. Never had an issue. Even the BO stuff came eventually. And the gear they had in stock online all came right away.

22-Jun-15
The vast majority of my higher quality gear is not in stock when I try to get it. Whether it's KUIU, custom bowyers, General Motors, business supplies, leather goods, Kifaru, EXO, hunting dog puppies and countless other good things....I end up waiting. I've come to expect it. I'm not defending anyone here, but there are loads of retailers and manufacturers out there who run marginal or no inventories. Speaking only for myself it is not anything I ever worry about. I wait and tend to forget about it until it arrives. I prefer the fit and quality of KUIU clothing to the others I've tried, but the others are VERY good too. The last thing I tend to do is get irritated when something is on backorder and I have to wait or order something else. Seems to be my norm.

22-Jun-15
I ordered and got the tiburon pants, shorts, and alpine pants in a short time. Those alpines are a nice weight for all aound mtn hunting. The tiburons are lighter than the attack and have a little less stretch.

The new dark grey is very dark more like charcoal.....i would have preferred lighter but they called me prior to shipping and explained all that so im good with it.

23-Jun-15
Once again TD x 2

23-Jun-15
TD pretty well nailed it!

Although, I just received a credit from Cabela's in the mail yesterday that was for an order I placed on 2/10/14 that has been back ordered ever since. Once it showed up at the store, they called for in store pickup and I forgot I even ordered it.

I didn't need it a year and a half later, so I asked for a refund and they obliged.

23-Jun-15
TD, Well said.. as well as Kevin... Just got a great deal off flea bay for a chinook jacket and attack pants (size 34) for $240. Watch and look, you'll find deals out there...

23-Jun-15
I have a pair of brand new large KUIU gaiters in Vias camo that I bought last year and have never worn them out the door. If anyone is desperate enough and can't wait, I'll sell them to you for $110 to your door :)

23-Jun-15
Kuiu guys are great and they import some wonderful products. Communication is excellent.

Camo is so ugly I have a hard time with some of it.

23-Jun-15
"KUIU is a victim of their business model and philosophy."

If growing the business and product line is being a "victim", sign me up! Most small companies keep a limited inventory on hand, it's the same for pretty much any piece of specialized, small-market, quality item or gear you will ever buy.

I've never had an issue getting their stuff in a reasonable amount of time, maybe I'm just a lucky fellow. At this point I only wear my Kuiu and First Lite stuff in the field, it's good enough to wait for.

23-Jun-15
Overseas production of outer wear usually concentrates on Winter Gear such as Ski gear/Snow gear until June 1st and then they switch back to light outer wear. It is all about timing of the release and Manufacturing Schedule overseas. I deal with the same issues in my Industry.

23-Jun-15
pop-r,

I don't need to list out why I like Kuiu. I've never claimed it to be better or worse than any other brand. For the quality, it's a bit cheaper than Sitka and I personally like it better. But that's irrelevant, my post was about never having issues ordering that so many people apparently run into.

If you dislike Kuiu then don't buy it. If you enjoy it, then shop smart and buy it when available. I guess I take the philosophy that life is far too short to get worked up in a tizzy over a shirt and pair of pants. Wear whatever floats your boat!

23-Jun-15
I was only asking for insight into their products to further my knowledge & understanding of their products. Didn't mean to get you all rialed up about what you need or don't need to do. Your post told me that you should have a pretty good knowlegldge of their products. If you care not to share that then so be it.

23-Jun-15
It sounded tongue in cheek since it was posted in a thread about their backorder issues, not about their quality. My mistake. It's hard to summarize their products in one post as they have good ones and average ones just like sitka, kryptek, first lite, etc. If you have experience with any of those brands, kuiu will be similar. If you are upgrading from cotton or similar clothing, you will be blown away by comfort and quality.

25-Jun-15
x2 TE. The Quality/Durability/Fit and Function and Breathability are top-shelf on all my products from them. If you don't WANT/LIKE/NEED, etc. move on. More for Me...!

Best wishes on whatever you choose and good luck this season.

27-Jun-15
As an fyi....

A couple days ago I placed a substantial order. All but 2 items shipped out in 48 hours. Attack Pants and Peloton are backordered. I don't need them soon so no big deal.

• Sitka Gear