Birdman 25-Jun-15
Straight Shooter 25-Jun-15
Mule Power 25-Jun-15
Birdman 25-Jun-15
Rick M 25-Jun-15
mixed bag 27-Jun-15
Rick M 27-Jun-15
23-Jun-15
Double check your Montana license!! Both mine and my partners non res combo elk license were issued without the bow and arrow permit. We purchased them when we applied, the system shows them on it but they were not issued or printed on the license.

After calling they are mailing them out to us.

Just a heads up.

23-Jun-15
Good call on the heads up Rick. My group had purchased licenses without the archery portion, so we knew we needed to get them later anyhow, but hopefully you can keep someone from getting in a pickle.

23-Jun-15
My deer license is the the same way..Looks like I will have to give them a call.

23-Jun-15
First call I made a very nice lady said they changed the way they are handling it this year and the permit would be mailed out in a few weeks. A month later a very nice gentleman said it is on the license and I should call back after I double check it. Today after I checked it, another very nice lady said she would mail it out ASAP.

I have to say that all the staff has been very polite and helped as much as they could but there must have been a system glitch that they are not aware of.

Check your license.

24-Jun-15
Rick, maybe you're just the "nice one"??

DJ

24-Jun-15
Good Catch Rick!!

Good luck, Robb

24-Jun-15
Hey, DJ, can you bring that subject up with Becky some time:)

25-Jun-15
Not sure what your talking about here, The archery license doesn't come with the elk combo license, you need to purchase that separate for $10. I buy my then i get to the cabelas in Billings.

25-Jun-15
Birdman, the OP stated that they paid for the archery permits the same time as the combo. You can buy at the same time or after, like you're doing.

DJ

25-Jun-15
The problem is that you cannot purchase an archery permit until you have actually drawn a license.

I am surprised you were able to make the transaction. In the past the system would not offer you the bow permit at the time of license application. So it sounds like the geniuses at the world's worst fish and game department updated their system to allow that to happen.

They should stick to writing up citations to people who fail to tag their animals before they shoot them.

25-Jun-15
Opp"s didn't know you could get them when you apply for tag .

25-Jun-15
Mule Power,

This year it was an option to buy it up front online. Turns out they were not quite set up for it.

I got my fishing survey today but still no archery permit.

27-Jun-15
Joe, tells us how you really feel next time and don't sugar coat it,lol

27-Jun-15
Bow and arrow permit showed up today.

• Sitka Gear