hoytshooter1 24-Jun-15
cityhunter 24-Jun-15
gil_wy 24-Jun-15
Lost Arra 24-Jun-15
LONEBULL 24-Jun-15
gil_wy 24-Jun-15
23-Jun-15
I received the Wyoming Elk Regs today.

Are there really a total of 5000 tags in Unit 7?

1500 bull tags, 800 antlerless, 2200 cow calf, 500 Jan cow calf

23-Jun-15
The G&F site has been down all evening to check, but I don't doubt there are that many tags for that unit!

24-Jun-15
Yep... It's getting out of hand. It's the reason you'd better have plan A, B, C, D, E, F, etc. when you draw a bull tag. Aren't there also some August/September rifle cow tags as well? Type 4?

24-Jun-15
Probably a dumb question but is there some political influence involved with this number? It's just so out of line with all the other numbers/units. I know there is a lot of private land in 7 so could it be ranchers wanting the hay eating beasts killed while they charge for trespass or outfitter fees?

24-Jun-15
Bingo, that's the answer you are looking for...ranchers want them gone for knocking down fences and eating hay stacks. It's a zoo out there during hunting season, archery included

24-Jun-15
crazy best wear blaze orange lots of cow tags still for sale.

24-Jun-15
That very well may be the reason but all it does is push elk off the limited public land quicker...

City- that's no joke! And remember the deer areas are all General and open the same day as elk! Archery opener is insane but rifle opener is down right dangerous!

24-Jun-15
Just out of curiosity I checked the website.

Approximately 1200 unsold cow tags with two leftover dates coming up in July.

24-Jun-15
Some landowners want them killed, others (quite a few) provide a safe haven where nothing gets harvested. It's a problem not only in area 7 but increasing throughout the state with large landowners. Not sure what the answer is but I don't think increasing the tag #'s to these levels is doing what the WGFD wants.

24-Jun-15
Lost Arra- they'll all be sold by the end of July... At least I've never seen them available past then... The type 6 tags won't last 48 hours...

• Sitka Gear