westslope 26-Jun-15
Ermine 26-Jun-15
midwest 29-Jun-15
kota-man 29-Jun-15
midwest 29-Jun-15
Nick Muche 29-Jun-15
kota-man 29-Jun-15
25-Jun-15
Who has one? Do you prefer it over a down bag? How's the temp rating?

25-Jun-15
I love mine, never had a down though. This is my first high end bag. I'm too wide in the shoulders for a normal mummy bag and they offer a wide model that is great. I'm told the temp rating is very accurate by others on here. I have a zero degree bag and haven't been in weather that cold yet so hard to say.

25-Jun-15
I've had the old version and currently the center zip new version. The new center zip is much closer to the temp rating than the old one was. It is hard to beat a good down bag, but I really like my Slick Bag. For a down bag, I have a Western Mountaineer Sequoia and always have a hard time deciding which bag to take on a hunt.

25-Jun-15
It's my go to bag for up here. I just can't trust down though I love my WM for dry weather.

26-Jun-15
How small does the slick bag pack down compared to a down bag?

26-Jun-15
I have one of the old versions. It is light and works pretty good. It is not accurate to rating. But I've heard the new bags are.

I think I still prefer down bags thou. But I don't live in a really wet area

29-Jun-15
TTT

29-Jun-15
The new verson with Center Zip is much warmer but also much bulkier. If you are a long/xl like myself, the zero degree bag does not compress that well at all compared to a down bag.

29-Jun-15
Thanks, kota. I'm only 5'9" so would be looking at the standard length/width. Especially want to know if the 20ยบ would be enough for an elk hunt the second half of Sept. Will be in Hilleberg Akto tent with Thermarest Neoair pad.

29-Jun-15
My standard 0 compresses down pretty small with the horizontal compression sack they sell.

According to what I've heard the new temp ratings are accurate. My 0 is a first run center zip and I'd quit using it around15-20 because it's not a 0 in my experience.

29-Jun-15
Depends on what kind of sleeper you are midwest. I tend to run cold when sleeping and like a zero degree bag most of the time. Others will sweat their butts off in a zero. I would think the 20 degree bag in a standard length and width would compress pretty decent. Also, a lot of your warmth will depend on your pad. I'd say you'd be "ok" with a Xtherm pad, but the regular Neo does not have a lot of "R" value.

• Sitka Gear