Ed 04-Jul-15
Bill in MI 04-Jul-15
BOWUNTR 04-Jul-15
Bill in MI 04-Jul-15
BOWUNTR 04-Jul-15
trkyslr 04-Jul-15
LWood 04-Jul-15
02-Jul-15
It looks like there has been significant moisture in 4A above the Mogollon rim. Great looking storms about 2x per week or more for the last month.

I am imagining green grass and full tricks/tanks/water holes and this is before the monsoon starts.

How long has it been since there has been this much precip during peak antler growing season?

When will the bulls in this area max out this years antler development?

02-Jul-15
I was in 11, 6A, and 6B, between June 9-13 and in 5A on the 18th. The monsoons started early. There was lots of rain, tall grass everywhere, and all the tanks were full to capacity, especially up on the rim.

02-Jul-15
Conditions are ideal!

02-Jul-15
Heading up to 23 tomorrow. I'll post some pics if I get any good ones.

02-Jul-15
Under 10 weeks tell I HAVE TO be in unit 1 chasing bulls!! Hard to think about a lot else

02-Jul-15
Hopefully with the tall green grass everywhere fawn survival rate will be a little higher this year. Should be a good year for bull tags. This is the first time in many years that there are no fire restrictions this late in the year in any of our forests due to all the rain we have received.

03-Jul-15
I know its not Arizona... BUT, same here in wyoming. Still have a lot of snow above 10000 feet. I was watching elk in the Red desert last monday that were up past their bellies in green grass! You just don't see that out there. The bulls' horn growth is keeping pace too. Exciting! The whole herd is looking very healthy.

04-Jul-15

Ed's embedded Photo
Ed's embedded Photo
A couple from 23 North not far from 4a

04-Jul-15

Ed's embedded Photo
Ed's embedded Photo

04-Jul-15

Ed's embedded Photo
Ed's embedded Photo

04-Jul-15
Very cool.

A Bowsite friend will soon be setting out some cam's (a few of his and 2 of mine) for our upcoming hunt.

This is my 2nd AZ0 tag and will be my 12th elk hunt (7th elk bow hunt.

I have missed a few elk with my bow, passed up a bunch of shots, but have not stuck one with an arrow yet. I hope to make this trip the exception.

Thx for sharing guys.

Bill

04-Jul-15

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
This is what elk country looked like last night. Ed F

04-Jul-15
What state is that Ed?

04-Jul-15
Arizona.... Ed F

04-Jul-15
I know that spot Ed! I'm jealous!