nvgoat 06-Jul-15
midwest 06-Jul-15
SoDakSooner 06-Jul-15
patdel 06-Jul-15
APauls 06-Jul-15
jstephens61 06-Jul-15
whale tail 09-Jul-15
06-Jul-15
I have an X2 and love it. I also have butt bucket but have never used that. Do folks like the butt bucket?

It seems that it would be slow and cumbersome to remove the bow. So I wouldn't expect to use it during the day while hunting. But it seems like a great idea for early morning when you are covering a lot of miles in the dark and don't need your bow. Similarly, it seems like a good idea for the hike back to camp after dark.

Thoughts?

06-Jul-15
I also have an X2 which is great. I have used the butt bucket and don't really like it. The way it sits on the pack isn't as functional as I think it should be. Bottom line- I use the pack all the time and never use the butt bucket.

06-Jul-15
Have done several hunts with the X2. My bow strapped to the pack just fine without the butt bucket. Only had it strapped on during non-shooting hrs or climbing/descending some steep stuff occasionally.

06-Jul-15
Doesn't work well with the x2 in my opinion. Longer packs may be better.

06-Jul-15
I used to have one on a blue widow. Your thoughts on it sum up my experience with it. Covering ground in the dark its great. Actively hunting I want my bow in my hand.

06-Jul-15
Wow my experiences are so different than above. Granted I had to play around with it a little before it worked the way I wanted it to I can't imagine hunting off the ground without it on my J104.

Where you attach it there are 3 rows of moly webbing. If you use all 3 it kinds of pulls the butt bucket to an unnatural position to where I found I didn't like how it worked. By using only the top two rows of moly webbing it kind of "hangs" better vertically so that the bow fits nicer.

I find it such a slick system for example the last elk I shot I was just walking around had been doing some cow chirping in thick stuff all of a sudden heard a twig snap, and without taking my eye from the sound my bow was in hand and ready to shoot in a second. Works perfectly IMO. I just love the combination of having it secure for getting through thick stuff so thick you need both hands to part the way and yet one clip and you're ready to shoot.

06-Jul-15
I've had mine on an X2 and 104. Works fine on both, no problem getting the bow out. Not the most secure bow carrier, I add extra straps when I know there's a hard climb or on a quad.

09-Jul-15
I've used mine a ton with my Blue Widow. Like above, mostly during hiking in/out of my area. It is a pretty slick detach system if set up correctly. My biggest issue is I've noticed some serving wear on my yoke cables due to the texture of material on the inside of the butt bucket. May try to line it with fleece or something.

• Sitka Gear