Norseman 10-Jul-15
BULELK1 11-Jul-15
SelwayArchery 19-Jul-15
Bill in MI 19-Jul-15
10-Jul-15

BULELK1's Link
Good Morning Fella's,

See my link above----

All species/weapon of choice/seasons ect.

Pick-a-species via the left column

Good luck, Robb

10-Jul-15
Dismal!

10-Jul-15
depressing....

10-Jul-15
#frustrating...

I may end up going "any weapon" to get a good bow tag!

10-Jul-15
Thanks for posting Robb. I've been curious to see those stats. Looks like my son drew his LE bull elk in spite of 1565:1 odds in the random draw. Amazing. Those are the craziest odds either one of us have ever beaten. He knows he was tremendously blessed. Best of all, I get to tag along on the hunt!

10-Jul-15
I never did understand why they would calculate the Success Ratio for each point level (other than max points) for the hunt code.

For the Random tags the odds of drawing should be calculated from the total number of applicants (minus the bonus tag recipients) and not only from the number of hunters in your point level.

10-Jul-15
Definitely rough odds! They certainly get worse every year. At a glance it looks like deer odds get worse for residents and elk odds get worse for NR (at least at a faster rate anyway). I certainly feel lucky to have a Book Cliffs deer tag this year beating 42% odds in the bottom of the bonus point pool. My buddy and I averaged 8 points (he had 10 & I had 6).

10-Jul-15
wildwilderness, I agree and it probably causes confusion. Like most game depts I don't think they're too concerned with posting exact mathematical odds. At least they give us enough data that we can figure it on our own.

10-Jul-15
Rob: I went to the link but there doesn't seem to be any way to search a specie like LE Elk San Juan? Do I have to scroll through every page? Thanks for the link. C

10-Jul-15
Charlie your browser can search the whole document. Hit CNTRL+F then type "Juan" and then keep hitting Enter until you see the page you want.

10-Jul-15
Or do the same search for "3020" which is the hunt you want.

10-Jul-15
Thx

10-Jul-15
Wow, look at the NR goat tags. A guy with 1 point, 3 points, and two guys with 2 points drew.

Goes to show you, in Utah as in some other states, if you want to draw, the way to do it is to apply every year for every species, not just build points.

10-Jul-15
NRs with 2, 3, 5, 6, and 8 points drew bison tags.

10-Jul-15
You are correct Idyl. Every year almost half the tags go to random points. It's a great state with unlimited OTC spike/cow elk tags almost every where!

10-Jul-15
Makes it tough to PLAN though. I don't mind changing all my fall plans for a sheep tag, but anything else is a pain in the rear. The way my vacation works I have to be planning two years out. I'll get the tag I want eventually!

10-Jul-15
Absolute zero or < 1% which is actually zero....

Buttcha gotz to believe, right Robb?

Ha!

11-Jul-15
+1 Iddy----never just do a point code to build points--at least actually apply as lots-of low point appl. do indeed draw year in--year out...

I see Greg sent ya in the right direction C-man...thx

SteveO I agree with ya but not much choice...hang in there man.

For sure TJ---

'Ya Gotta Believe'

Good luck, Robb

19-Jul-15
Blown away someone drew the NR Boulder tag with no points. That is one lucky person.

19-Jul-15
Robb is right apply for an actual hunt, not points cuz you never know..

Premium Pauns rifle deer tag for me because I did. I never would have caught up to the max point/bonus tag allotment...

• Sitka Gear