gil_wy 11-Jul-15
trackman 12-Jul-15
Don K 12-Jul-15
Jim B 12-Jul-15
ben h 12-Jul-15
11-Jul-15

gil_wy's embedded Photo
gil_wy's embedded Photo
Putting my first ever game cam up... How does this look? :)

BTW- posting this as I'm standing next to the cam...

11-Jul-15
Looks fine. Which direction is it facing? I find it best to try and face north. Less glare... Good luck and be sure to post results!

11-Jul-15
It's facing the NE...

11-Jul-15
Looks good to me.. Height and position its pointed look good for a big bull selfie!

11-Jul-15
Never left a $150 piece of equipment in the woods before ( on purpose that is!). I've got myself convinced that, even though it was a 3 1/2 mile hike in to some rough nasty stuff, that it'll be gone when I go back in 2 weeks!

11-Jul-15
Looks good. Can't wait to see a pic. Hunt

11-Jul-15
you will hate anything that faces east or west, promise.

11-Jul-15
I think you will get a lot of weed photos as they grow taller and the wind blows ???? Good luck

11-Jul-15
Trackman- I was wondering about that too... Except it's been ridiculously wet year and everything looks like this... Could have picked a trail but the area literally covered in game trails... This wallow had eight obvious trails into and/or out of it. Probably gonna be 8 GB of grass photos!

11-Jul-15
The grass movement could be reduced if you reduce the liberal setting... heh hum... i mean the sensitivity.

11-Jul-15
Not sure what I set the sensitivity to?

Oh well... Seemed like a nice idea and a good excuse to get into the mountains. I've had decent success without them... :)

12-Jul-15
I put in 2 or 3 tree steps so the camera is up above the weeds

12-Jul-15
Trackman has it. Put the camera up higher and face it down. Get it above peoples vision they wont see as easy and its above the grasses

12-Jul-15

Jim B's embedded Photo
Jim B's embedded Photo
Placing it higher sounds like a good idea.I use a Fiskars brush ax(right side of pic) to mow weeds in front of the camera.I'm usually set up about 10-12' from what I want pictures of though.It might not be as practical in this situation.I would definitely turn the sensitivity to low,regardless.

12-Jul-15
I've only had one trail cam stolen on public land in the 6-7 years I've been doing it and I think it was someone who didn't like the fact that I had a salt lick nearby, which is legal, but I think some people look down on the practice. Most of my cams have been within 1.5 miles from the truck. I've learned the blowing weeds lesson a few times. One year I got 886 pictures of a stick moving too! In all the time I've been doing trail cams, I've gotten pics of just about everything in the woods with the exception being cougars; and I've personally seen 2 (at drawing the .44 Mag range) walking in to where the damn cameras were.

• Sitka Gear