Bowartist 13-Jul-15
hunt'n addict 13-Jul-15
cityhunter 13-Jul-15
cityhunter 13-Jul-15
tradmt 13-Jul-15
tadpole 14-Jul-15
Jaeger63 14-Jul-15
13-Jul-15
Was planning on shooting the Razortrick for Elk this fall. Semi COC tip with a 1 1/16 x 7/8 head. They fly like darts on my 460 grain arrows at 260 fps. I tried a 1 1/4 Grizztirck blade instead of the 7/8 blade and they still are flying like darts. I kinda like the extra cutting surface and don't think the wider blade will hinder penetration. Right now I am leaning in this direction.

13-Jul-15
You mean the Vipertrick?

13-Jul-15
I'm also interested in the penetration difference (or indifference) with the vipertrick with Grizz trick blade...if anyone has experimented with this, would like to hear their results.

13-Jul-15
Yes I mean the Vipertrick. tadpole, I have used the Grizztrick on deer and blew right thru them so I don't think there will be any problem with this setup.

13-Jul-15
Chip..Yes, think you may be right. My arrows are very close to 400 grains. I have a friend that blows thru deer with the grizz tricks, and he shoots about 54 #. I was thinking with the tougher hide on elk that the wider blade might reduce that penetration some. Guess we need some successful elk hunters killing with the grizztrick to know for sure.

13-Jul-15
Would love to hear some feedback on this as well. I've heard of others switching out the bleeders on the vipertrick with the grizztrick blades, but I have not heard or viewed anyone's actual in-field experiences. I'm torn between this idea or the new magnus black hornets which also sport a 1 1/4 inch cut.

13-Jul-15
I know T Rex didn't have a great experience with penetration on elk with the grizztrick.

I will be using the vipertricks in September but I will be staying with the standard bleeders. For deer I have not had a problem with the Grizztricks and great blood trails.

13-Jul-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
i use razor tricks what i do find is there blades dull asap

13-Jul-15
Chip thats a good setup for elk good luck

13-Jul-15
Sounds a bit tricky to me.

14-Jul-15
City,,,I used to shoot the razortricks also. Mostly great penetration until I hit a leg bone /joint... lost 3 of four blades due to breakage...and yes they seem to chip or dull pretty fast.

14-Jul-15
I also have been using razor tricks for several years now with great results. A couple of elk, a few deer and Kodiak Brown Bear. All great penetration and the blades held together. They do dull fast as City Hunter said but....that's why they are replaceable blades. Personally I never shoot an animal with used blades. Too much respect for the game I hunt to do that.

• Sitka Gear