orionsbrother 16-Jul-15
IdyllwildArcher 16-Jul-15
kota-man 16-Jul-15
WapitiBob 16-Jul-15
huntnmuleys 16-Jul-15
15-Jul-15

BUGLELK's embedded Photo
BUGLELK's embedded Photo
Effective today, I am excited to announce the merger of Extreme Elk Magazine with Elk Hunter Magazine! The title of Extreme Elk Magazine will be going away, but many of the popular features from Extreme Elk will be added to the awesome lineup of content that already exists at Elk Hunter Magazine. We're bringing the best of both magazines together to create one awesome, united elk hunting magazine.

Dirk Durham and I will continue to contribute to Elk Hunter Magazine as members of the editorial staff, and I look forward to teaming up with the talented and passionate crew of elk hunters at Elk Hunter Magazine. In addition to joining the editorial staff at Elk Hunter Magazine, I will also be taking over the full- time content management responsibilities at Elk101.com.

I'm grateful for the support from all of our friends at Bowsite, and look forward to continuing the adventure with some exciting things that are in the works for the near future!

Many thanks, Corey Jacobsen

15-Jul-15
Corey, I hope this was a good deal for you financially. I'm sure it was. I'll miss the "Me & Joe" stories from Extreme Elk, but maybe this will encourage some successful bowhunters to hone their writing skills and contribute to Elk Hunter.

Congratulations to you and Dirk!

15-Jul-15
Good luck with the new venture/merger.

Hoping they keep to the "extreme" end of it and not Outdoor Life goes elk hunting. Only seen one issue of Elk Hunter. Was a subscriber to Extreme, it was unique. I'll give it a look.

Anyway, good luck and catch ya down the road!

15-Jul-15
So my current subscription to "Extreme Elk" will now come as "Elk Hunter"?

Good luck, Corey.

15-Jul-15
If you currently get both magazines how will that work with my subscription?

15-Jul-15
LONEBULL,

They'll send you two! lol

15-Jul-15
Corey, hope this new venture pays off in spades! Always enjoyed Extreme Elk, to say the least. It always reminded me of a bunch of guys that knew tons about elk hunting, just sitting around the campfire rehashing their experiences. Elk Hunter had at least a few that liked to think they invented elk hunting. Hope that still isn't the case. Best of Luck! Rob

15-Jul-15
Disappointed. Greatest hunting magazine I've ever read .

16-Jul-15
Extreme Elk was a unique rag and I was happy to subscribe. Something about guys like us who made their share of mistakes, had the problems we all experience, and somehow sooner or later close the deal that was very satisfying (and I learned one or two things along the way). The mag business is brutal - what kids read paper content these days. I'll see what Elk Hunter turns out to be like. Don't need infomercials, that's for damn sure.

16-Jul-15
Just wondering what happens if you have a paid subscription to both? Does it lengthen?

16-Jul-15
Firstly, a huge thanks Corey to you and Dirk and the rest of Team Extreme Elk; the magazine is now the only US [bow]hunting magazine I subscribe to.

Secondly, the very best of luck for your new endeavours and I look forward to reading the new title in due course.

Good luck and good hunting!!

16-Jul-15
Thanks for the support guys.

The final issue of Extreme Elk Magazine (Fall 2015) mailed out yesterday and should start hitting mailboxes in the next week or two. If you have a subscription to Extreme Elk, it will seamlessly transfer over to Elk Hunter Magazine - if you have 3 issues left on your current subscription to Extreme Elk, those issues will be automatically transferred over to a subscription of Elk Hunter Magazine. You will begin receiving Elk Hunter Magazine with the Winter 2015 issue.

If you are a subscriber to both Extreme Elk and Elk Hunter Magazines, the remaining issues of your Extreme Elk subscription will be automatically added on to extend your existing subscription to Elk Hunter Magazine.

Thanks again for all the support, and best of luck this fall!

Many thanks, Corey Jacobsen

16-Jul-15
I agree with Barty1970, Corey and the crew did a heck of a job with Extreme Elk. Unlike most hunting rags that are all ads and c-rate articles written buy guys who have little to no experience hunting DIY or even on public ground, Extreme Elk was/is a publication that most of us DIY guys could relate to and learn from.

Corey I hope this means a rejuvination/revitalization of elk101.com. Until I had my own experiences to draw from, all of my elk hunting knowledge came from elk101 and Extreme Elk (which also steered me here to Bowsite). I am forever grateful to you for getting me hooked even though I have never met you. Good luck on your future endeavors!

16-Jul-15
Elk Hunter magazine is put together by the same group of guys that publish Western Hunter magazine and Western Hunter TV. All three are quality products in my opinion and the merger of the Extreme Elk can only enhance Elk Hunter.

Good job on the magazine over several years!

16-Jul-15
I've really enjoyed Extreme Elk.

16-Jul-15
Me too. Reading about average folks who do DIY elk hunting on public land is right up my ally. The weapon type didn't really matter because it was the experience that I as the reader was after.

16-Jul-15
Sounds like a great move Corey. COngrats.

16-Jul-15
And those same guys were behind the AZ SFW tag grab fiasco.

This is one time I'll keep my money. Congrats on the sale.

16-Jul-15
bummer. bigtime bummer. enjoyed getting two mags. hope its a colossal success for all!

• Sitka Gear