cnelk 15-Jul-15
Inshart 16-Jul-15
Inshart 16-Jul-15
ohiohunter 17-Jul-15
Start My Hunt 17-Jul-15
Old School 17-Jul-15
Yasla 17-Jul-15
15-Jul-15
I've remarked previously that Bowsite sponsors are a very fine group of folks. Today, I found another one.

Because my luck in the tag lottery was terrible, I have been looking for a new place to hunt. After some research, I have some direction, and sent an email to Startmyhunt.com to get a map of the area. Not having the coordinates or a good way to describe it, I wanted to make sure I ordered a map of my area.

Mike called me about half an hour after my email, and spent a fair bit of time with me to get it right. And then, he sent me a PDF to make sure.

Darn good customer service there. If you're in need of a map, he deserves your business.

15-Jul-15
Ditto bad karma, I spent a good bit of time w/ mike on the phone. I am in the same boat as you and thinking about the otc route. Just not sure where to start yet.

Mike is good people.

15-Jul-15
+3. He sent me a couple PDFs before we figured out the exact area I was looking for.

Refreshing to get personal customer service for a change. And he even speaks English!!

15-Jul-15
good luck !

15-Jul-15
I had the same experience with Mike and Start My Hunt. Excellent customer service and a top notch product.

I can't wait to get into a new area with Mikes map and fill my tag. I will be purchasing additional maps from him in the future.

Thanks Mike!

15-Jul-15
Agreed, we traded a few emails about my area and Mike was very helpful. Looking forward to testing out the hotspots this fall!

15-Jul-15
Their web site is frustrating! The "darn" pop ups that cover some of the information really sucks! The ones I'm talking about are the boxes that read something like

"OTC license July 21sr"

Might be great maps if they got rid of that junk it sure would be nice - and no way to x them out!

We are going to a new area this year in CO and I would have been interested in checking out their maps.

15-Jul-15
Thanks everybody for the support. Bob, I am curious. I do not have any advertising pop ups on my website. If you can give me a call, I would be very interested in working through this with you to figure out what is going on. If this is something you are encountering, then others are also experiencing the same thing, and I would like to get this corrected. I will send you a PM with my contact information.

15-Jul-15
Mike is great to work with. I have hunted the flattops before, but this year I'm going to southern Colorado and got a couple of maps from Mike and I think the maps are going to be a big asset.

15-Jul-15
inshart= I have looked at Mike's site from several computers and not experienced any pop ups.

+9 on Mike's maps. I ordered up maps and digital files for my unit. I am in the process of renaming the hot spots in GE so they make sense when I upload them to my GPS.

15-Jul-15
Anybody aware of something similar for Wyoming?

Going to have to start hunting colorado so I can justify a good map like those.

15-Jul-15
Mike's maps are good stuff, he is top notch. He even gives them away for free on another site I know of.... :)

16-Jul-15
I'll go back and check it out again.

16-Jul-15
Yup, my bad - it's my computer. I'm to old to be a computer wiz.

17-Jul-15
Inshart, I see you have a hard time resisting all those "asian" sites.haha.. glad you figured it out, for you and mike.

17-Jul-15
Hey Bob,

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing the first time I reviewed my website after my designer got it set up. I was furious and called him up to let him know how I felt. He then said, "Mike, did you try resizing the window?"

17-Jul-15
Same for me. I contacted Mike and he called me the next day to clarify exactly what I was looking for in a hunt. Refreshing to get real customer service and a quality product.

--Mitch

17-Jul-15
+11 or whatever we are up to. Mike must spend a lot of time on phone cause we spoke as well. I really appreciate him taking the time, he explained what maps were probably best and we talked a little elk hunting in general as I have never been out to Colorado. That month or two ago, just finally now settled on an area with my group, bought the full zone DVD a few days ago. Cant wait for it to get here. Definitely good person/good service, hope the business aspect is going well.

• Sitka Gear