SDHNTR(home) 17-Jul-15
Jason Scott 20-Jul-15
CCOVEY 20-Jul-15
Jason Scott 20-Jul-15
CCOVEY 21-Jul-15
Kevin Dill 21-Jul-15
Jason Scott 24-Jul-15
17-Jul-15
Looking at trying out a pair of these boots anyone have any experience with them? Heavy? Comfort? Concerned that they will be hot to wear in September elk hunting.

17-Jul-15
They are a very nice boot. Not too heavy IMO, but not what I would ball lightweight either. Very well made. Forefoot is a bit wider than others. Good choice if they fit you.

20-Jul-15
I have a pair. Very well made, durable and supportive. I've hunted / hiked in 80+ deg weather and didn't have a bad time. They are warmer though.

20-Jul-15
Most comfortable boot ive ever worn. Will disagree on durability, i blew 7 lugs off a pair in less than 200 miles. Could have been a faulty pair but i didnt try another pair to find out.

20-Jul-15
Lug from the vibram sole? Or a brass eyelet for the lacing system?

21-Jul-15
Yes, lugs on the soles

21-Jul-15

Kevin Dill's embedded Photo
Kevin Dill's embedded Photo
There are more than one pair of Zamberlan boots which carry the Vioz GT designation. Not sure which exact boot the OP is looking at, but this is the 1012 Vioz GT RR that I wear. Very good boot so far with no issues. Super comfortable and supportive. Not extraordinarily stiff, which I enjoy. They are built on a slightly wider last (not dramatically wider) and offer a bit more room for those of us with non-skinny feet.

24-Jul-15
Soles are sourced from Vibram. You probably would have blown lugs off any of the major boot brands on those unfortunate 200 miles.

• Sitka Gear