4blade 18-Jul-15
tcosmic 18-Jul-15
Don K 18-Jul-15
jstephens61 18-Jul-15
Popeye 18-Jul-15
cityhunter 19-Jul-15
cityhunter 19-Jul-15
18-Jul-15
Does anyone have and use a lifetime camp/utility trailer? Its a light weight tent trailer. Towsmarttrailers.com

18-Jul-15
Looks like it would be nice for warm weather camping, but not for hunting where the weather would be iffy.

18-Jul-15
looks cool, great use of a utility trailer

18-Jul-15
I think it would be easier to just have a tent and have the option to haul the quad to a different area in the trailer.

I don't think it would hold up well in the Wyoming wind, either.

18-Jul-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
picked this up used in awesome shape 2,000 ac heat water shower micro frig lights stove sink toliet

18-Jul-15
looks like it takes a long time to set it up.

18-Jul-15
Louis, glad to see you're getting civilized!

A comfy camp makes a much better hunter, especially for long hard hints on weather.

IMO, the OP's idea would be really limited and not very practical in the west.

18-Jul-15
Cityhunter, u done good, nice!

Agree with set up, a little cumbersome, still think it is a good unit for many conditions, by no means perfect for everything

18-Jul-15
I've got one. Bought it off Amazon at a big discount. No shipping, no sales tax and didn't have to register the thing either.

I like the thing, its very light compared to a full size trailer. The material is super heavy so I for see it lasting a long time. I have had it into some places you couldn't get a camp trailer into, makes it nice to have your own little camp spot away from the crowd. Takes about 15 minutes to set up.

The only thing I don't like is the atv will slide to one side if you get into some rough stuff. So I strap it down in the middle, which keeps it there.

18-Jul-15
Thanks for that info 4blade and thanks to everyone else who replied. I was waiting to meet someone for lunch this morning and I a guy pulled into the hess across from where I was sitting with one. I thought it was one of the jumping jack trailers. But I could tell from where I was sitting that it had more clearance than a standard tent camper so I headed over and chatted with the guy. He was a career navy guy and said he bought it from Costco out in Seattle to take to Yellowstone. He has been all over the place with it and said he and his wife love it. I asked him if he elk hunted and he said no. Thats why I posted here. I like the fact that you can move it around by hand, haul a atv on top with it. That way I could haul a wheeler for ice fishing come winter. I know its a no frills deal but years ago me and a bud got washed out of our tents in Gunnison at 10,000 elevation and we had to leave the u-haul locked to a tree several miles from our camp because we could not make it up with it because of the clearance. I like the compactness of it and won't crush gas mileage from ny. It would get ya off the ground at least. How are they in a heavy wind?

18-Jul-15

Don K's Link
Find yourself a deal on a pop up camper, and then have these guys overhaul it.

18-Jul-15
Stayed in a friends pop up in Idaho a few years back. Like to froze to death in September. Cold came in from all sides. I'll stick with my tent.

18-Jul-15

Popeye's embedded Photo
Popeye's embedded Photo
Bought a used jumping jack trailer 3 years ago, after eyeing them for a few years (and seeing them set up inside Sportsman's Warehouse stores). Bottom Line: I'm a big fan. Lightweight but heavy duty, and high clearance. If your truck or jeep can get there, so can this. I obviously bought it for elk hunting, but the wife and kids love it. The smallest propane buddy heater keeps it cozy when temps are below freezing, but the first time I used it (pike nat forest, CO in early April) I woke up freaked out. 4 inches of snow fell overnight, and I didn't bring a heater. My 18 month old son was sleeping in his own bag and not only didn't get cold, he slept for 10 straight hours. Bonus: Accessories galore. ATV ramps, coolers, larger bed pads, etc. I bought the boat bar, which transforms this thing into a 2 canoe trailer with the tent. Can't wait to use it.

19-Jul-15
popeye nice rig but hope u own chains for them street tires on your truck .

19-Jul-15
Tom that would be a great idea for a small rig to tow . I hunt alone so dont haul the camper im happy with just a enclosed trailer for my frezzer box and gear.

• Sitka Gear