orionsbrother 21-Jul-15
Redman 22-Jul-15
Mooses_Meadows 23-Aug-15
cityhunter 23-Aug-15
MathewsMan 24-Aug-15
Mooses_Meadows 02-Sep-15
Thornton 04-Sep-15
20-Jul-15
It sounds like Wes is selling hit outfitting company. Does anyone have any detail on this?

20-Jul-15
I have no idea. I used to hunt with him quite a bit and guided for a season, but I have not heard anything.

20-Jul-15
I just got word from one of his old guides he already sold it. Don't know why or who bought it

21-Jul-15
I haven't heard why either. But the properties I know that he leased can only produce so many big bulls and bucks before there aren't enough big bulls and bucks to fulfill expectations.

Outfitting in CO is a tough business when people paying big bucks all expect to kill big bucks. Wouldn't blame him if he moved on.

21-Jul-15
I found out this morning he sold to Whitaker Bros Hunt Company. They run a TV show called 'The Guides'. Jaquomo- The 20,000 acre ranch they had near Wellington never ran dry of mule deer, elk, and pronghorn. This was due in part, to a 70,000 acre easement north of it that only allowed about 6 hunters per year. I hunted Wes's north ranch when he first got it in 2003 and hunted it again in 2009 and 2011. I can assure you it was the same place through all those years. Wes told me that the elk, pronghorn, and mule deer that wintered on him would migrate back and forth between Wyoming and his place. That ranch was such a good place to hunt that the owner kept going up on his lease.

21-Jul-15
Is Wes totally out, or just from the Wellington property? He had some deer leased near my plains area as well that were pretty good but had a low big buck density.

21-Jul-15
He sold out completely but will stay on to help transition the company.

21-Jul-15
Hope you hold out for a better bull this year, Pat. ;-)

21-Jul-15
That is a beautiful bull Pat. Is his ear drooping?

22-Jul-15
I was starting to get worried but spoke to Wes today and my Eastern Plains deer hunt is still on.

23-Aug-15
yes. I hunted with wes last year on the eastern plains for mule deer. I got a letter from him about a week ago that whitaker brothers is taking it over. I dont know anything about them. The guide I hunted with last year when I booked with wes also went off on his own. He is a great guide and I would hunt with him any day.

23-Aug-15
Lou u should have bought it !

24-Aug-15
Good luck Pat- you definately put your first elk tag on a great one.

I'm looking to put my special Colorado Tag on my first Archery Bull elk here this fall as well. I can only wish it will be as nice as yours at this point.

02-Sep-15
any more news on this?

04-Sep-15
Not much more to say other than the above thread I posted

• Sitka Gear