MT 08-Aug-15
Phil Magistro 08-Aug-15
MT 08-Aug-15
Phil Magistro 10-Aug-15
smokey 11-Aug-15
Preston Lay 11-Aug-15
Phil Magistro 11-Aug-15
23-Jul-15
I have been trying lavilin for 2 weeks now and I have had to reapply daily (odor returns). I haven't used other deodorants for this time period. It is a brand new package that I got off of eBay. Any tips or suggestions?

24-Jul-15
Ditch the Lavilin, shave your pits and use a good unscented antiperspirant-deodorant stick. I have the best results with the Hunters Specialties stick product.

24-Jul-15
I did a week long test with Lavilin back a couple months ago. The stuff worked perfect for me. I'm saving the rest for my moose hunt.

Take an evening shower, dry off, rub the paste into your underarms and go to bed.

You still need to follow proper hygiene protocol (wash with unscented soap or baby wipes), but I was amazed With the product.

The test was performed while I was forming and pouring concrete for that week at work, so I know I was sweating much more than I would be while hunting.

I'm so confident in the product, that I only plan to bring it along with a bar of unscented soap for a 2 week DIY moose hunt.

24-Jul-15
That works well on the manscaped nether regions as well.

24-Jul-15
Shaving/manscaping is a slippery slope. Next thing you know, you'll be getting pedicures and manicures, making sure your camo matches, own 14 pair of hunting boots, passing up shots because drawing a bow might break a fingernail. Then, on your drive to hunting camp, you'll be stopping every 15 miles to go pee, unable to read a map, wanting the comforts of a hotel instead of a tent, the list goes on and on...all because you decided the teenaged boy look was a good idea.

Like I said, it's a slippery slope, just ask Bruce Jenner.

24-Jul-15
I keep the pits shorn but not shaved. The wife just got a NoNo in the mail. I think I will try that.I hope my map reading skills don't vanish along with my unwanted hair.

24-Jul-15
I feel this thread starting to slide.

24-Jul-15
I use a prescription in my pits that shuts off the sweat glands. All the hair is still there, but no pitting out!

24-Jul-15
I will try and bring this thread back on task. (There is already a thread for the hairless/hairless wanabee's)

I tried lavalin and I didn't get great results. But I left my armpits alone w/o shaving (Much like a female German swimmer would) I have been using crystal deodorant. It is ~ $10 a stick, but it has lasted me over a year. It is not an antiperspirant, but a deodorant only. The best thing is I can still stand myself after 5 days. (I cannot say that with any other deodorant)

After reading the "manscaping" thread, I can GUARANTEE no one will borrow a fellow elk hunters razor.

24-Jul-15
I also ordered Lavalin product off Ebay. The 72 hour roll on and the stick must have some kind of added odor (flowery?). The 72 hour roll on lasted about 2 days. Still experimenting with the 72 hour stick, but it is on the second day. The flowery odor does seem to disappear after one day. The 7 day creme has no odor and haven't tested it yet.

24-Jul-15
I've used Lavilin every day since the mid-80s and it's been fantastic. One application lasts at least 2 weeks for me. I sweat but the Lavilin kills the bacteria that cause odor. Some clothing, like polyester will grow bacteria and smell after one day but that's on the clothing.

I use the foot formula on my underarms. Have never tired the new roll-on.

When you first get started it's important to give time for your pores to clean themselves. There is no need to reapply it every day but it may take a week or two until you stop smelling. Reapplying it every day may not help the process.

24-Jul-15
Mike V,

Whatever you do, don't ask your guide "Does this camo pattern make my butt look big?"

24-Jul-15
When I worked construction back in the day we had a guy on our crew who informed everyone that he didn't need to shower regularly because his body produced no body odor.

He never asked why the windows of every truck he rode in were rolled down, even in winter....

31-Jul-15
I laid off the reapplication for a few days, as I was on my days off. That seemed to help. No strong odor without reapplication. Testing continues.

08-Aug-15
Last application was Monday. It is now Saturday and no odor and no reapplication. Either my body had to adjust or I was just reapplying too often or both.

08-Aug-15
Maverick, how do you use the wind on Monday morning in the office?

MT, glad it's working for you now. Like I said before I've been using Lavilin for over 30 years and it's the only product I use. I use it year-round. I sweat but it doesn't stink. I usually can go about two weeks between applications but, sometimes if I'm traveling, I may reapply it in a week. Many days I shower twice a day because I get sticky not stinky but that doesn't change how Lavilin works.

While your body is getting used to this you may find at times that an application doesn't seem to work. I've had that happen. I wait a day and reapply and that almost always solves the problem.

08-Aug-15
The stuff really got tested this week, as I am an outside operator in a power plant. Very hot right now.

10-Aug-15
Maverick, Since your outdoors most days Lavilin should be perfect for you.

11-Aug-15
Used it for years with great results if applied properly, not too thick.

In extended deer and elk camps as well as extended wildfire fighting duties where bathing was not possible.

I will continue to use it.

11-Aug-15
I have been using Lavilin since Paul Brunner sold it as pit stop out of the Screaming Eagle catalog. Its amazing. I get at least a week out of one application. Another trick for first time use is after a shower and before application wipe down with rubbing alcohol to kill existing bacteria. As stated, beware of synthetic clothing, the bacteria will grow stink in the clothing and not so much in natural garments.

11-Aug-15
Bird man, you don't have to shave your pits. I never have.

• Sitka Gear