BULELK1 28-Jul-15
Ghostinthemachine 28-Jul-15
IaHawkeye 28-Jul-15
AZBUGLER 28-Jul-15
Ghostinthemachine 28-Jul-15
Bronc@work 29-Jul-15
Coyote 65 31-Jul-15
27-Jul-15
Lots of rain this year in some of the best units. I'm thinking that those that drew the best of the best tags (or gov tags) could break it.. I believe there is enough feed now to keep them growing. just a guess though..

27-Jul-15
It could be a good year. If we're talking about the all weapons record I hope it's broken by a DIY bow hunter.

27-Jul-15
Was thinking the same thing - a lot of BIG animals are going to hit the ground this year.

27-Jul-15
New record what ? Be more specific !

27-Jul-15
Well since this is the elk forum, I deduced that he was probably talking about a bull elk.

Call it a hunch.

27-Jul-15
I am always truly amazed that world records continue to get broken. Grizzly and Woodland caribou are two that I remember from the last recording period. Just when you think they will never be broken, it happens. The woodland caribou was broken by lots of inches and the world record griz was a record for any weapon. To beat the American elk record? would love to see that and I will continue to be amazed.

27-Jul-15
yes,

if there is a world record walking the planet it could be killed this year!

27-Jul-15
I agree the opportunity is definitely there this year. I've never seen an Arizona Spring and Summer with this consistent rainfall. I'm sure it was posted already, but a 436 was already taken this year here in AZ. I'm sure there are more out there.

27-Jul-15
So since I'm not a big score/record guy, what would it take to set a new record?

27-Jul-15

StickFlicker's Link
wkochevar,

Here is a link to the current Pope & Young world records.

27-Jul-15
You want to break the B&C record. P&y def take a back seat to Boone and Crockett.

27-Jul-15
Wonder what the finder's fee is for a WR these days from the big "army hunting" outfits like Mossback?

27-Jul-15
El NiƱo could severely affect daytime activity this year. Could be an exceptionally warm fall. But, this year is as good as any for some lucky hunter.

27-Jul-15
StickFlicker....Thanks!!

27-Jul-15
Yes thanks Marvin! I hadn't looked at that in a while. Amazing that 7 of 10 typical a are from AZ and 5 of 10 non-typicals are from AZ. I didn't realize that The Franklin bull was the world record.

28-Jul-15
Thanks or the link Marvin.

Good luck, Robb

28-Jul-15
Yep AZ is well represented for sure. They grow 'em big.

Also interesting to note that Chuck Adams still has two of the top 10 typicals, including the number two all-time. Both are from MT.

Pretty outstanding accomplishment by Chuck.

28-Jul-15
Missed that it was on the elk forum. My bad.

28-Jul-15
Figures I can't draw a tag in my home state!

28-Jul-15
I hunted AZ in 2002... I think it was 2002.. Unit 7E outside of Flagstaff. Great hunt. Could go to McDonalds in Flag for lunch.lol saw some real brutes and my brother connected on a beauty that got his hero pic in Huntin Fool. Not bad.

Been buying points ever since. Might want to try 27 when the time comes.

29-Jul-15
Crazy spring rains in the Gila too! Keep an eye on it men!

31-Jul-15
Saw a spike about 3 days ago that was a group of 6. Had 3 ft. long antlers.

Terry 23 North

• Sitka Gear