Darrell 04-Aug-15
ohiohunter 04-Aug-15
Darrell 04-Aug-15
ohiohunter 04-Aug-15
78cj5 04-Aug-15
DonVathome 18-Aug-15
DonVathome 18-Aug-15
03-Aug-15
Anyone? I drew a muzzy tag and would love to hear how your hunt goes.

04-Aug-15
I was up there a while back and on a monster bull in one of my old honey holes. Unfortunately it was at 3AM about a week before the draw results were posted and when I woke up I was greatly disappointed that it was only a dream. When the draw results came out a few days later, it was just a pipe dream. Haven't drawn the tag in 15 years. Must say I am more than a little jealous even if it is a muzzy tag.

04-Aug-15
The bull in my dream was bigger!

04-Aug-15
15 years of no luck and putting in first choice for archery? I know the odds aren't that bad, maybe for rifle.

04-Aug-15
Most of the NM quality/high demand archery odds are less than 5%.

04-Aug-15
I haven't checked lately but the odds for the archery hunts in this unit are probably worse than the rifle odds.

Don, I've seen larger bulls in real life than you have dreamed about. :) Trust me, my dreams have bigger bulls.

04-Aug-15
Maybe as a Non res, but not as a resident. Heck, resident ville vidal archery odds first choice are about 15%. I don't think it gets much more quality than that.

Resident 36 archery is 18-30%... non res 3-8%. All info based on 2014 first choice.

04-Aug-15
Ohio,

Yes, but I have not been a resident since 1999. If only NM would have done Lifetime Resident licenses like Kansas I am sure I would have drawn the tag numerous times.

Also, you can't just use first choice. The odds are much worse because they draw each application and go through all three choices before moving to next app. Lots of NR's have drawn 36 with a 2nd or 3rd choice in the 15 years I haven't drawn it with my 1st choice.

04-Aug-15
Yeah, I know it is impossible to get true odds b/c of the way they do the draw. I forgot about that. Being non res you have terrible odds period, but if you want to see really bad odds look at KY non-res odds... Less than 1%.

04-Aug-15
Just skip NM and go to AZ or UT. Here in NM it sucks when you are one of 50 first choice applicants for 75 tags, you are not one of the 20 who draw it first choice, and the rest is filled by 2nd and 3rd choices.

18-Aug-15
I thought KY odds were a lot better then that since they upped the tags? Are they at capacity yet?

18-Aug-15
Ouch just checked KY NR odds, 0.3% (1 in 300).

Ah well, I try for cow elk so maybe.............

• Sitka Gear