DL 12-Aug-15
Sandbagger 12-Aug-15
Drop Tine 13-Aug-15
flybyjohn 17-Aug-15
r-man 17-Aug-15
DL 17-Aug-15
Sandbagger 17-Aug-15
06-Aug-15
Went out scouting a week ago to pull some camera cards. During the hike I fell and lost my bear spray. I went up again yesterday to pull my cards again and my bear spray was laying in the middle of the trail just 25 yards from where I fell over a tree and it was full of punctures from what I could only guess was a bear. It was bitten at least twice but had over 10 holes in it. Don't know how the bear got a second bite on it. I would have assumed the first one would have given him a faceful.

And since this is the elk forum, yes I did have some elk in my pictures, but completely missed that bear.

06-Aug-15

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Must have been one of these grizzlies ;^)

06-Aug-15
Apparently he likes pepper with his salmon.

06-Aug-15
that is so f-ing funny I LOL

06-Aug-15
Lead Poisoning

07-Aug-15
I have been trying to get this bear on my game cameras but have only got one partial shot of him/her yet. The bear had to have picked up the canister right at the base of my camera because that is where I tripped and fell down on my hands and knees and the only time the spray could have come out of my pocket. I don't want to bait it to get it in front of the camera so just hoping to get lucky and have it mosey in front of the camera.

07-Aug-15
Leave another can of bear spray, that should get you a pic:)

It would be cool to see his reaction on camera!!!

09-Aug-15
Are you on private or public land?

10-Aug-15
In our trips up to the BWCA and Quetico over the decades, we have found 6-7 food packs that bears have dragged off into the woods. All the contents are usually laying around and EVERYTHING has bite marks in it. They bite until they taste something worth opening fully.

Bear spray must have been on his reject list.

10-Aug-15
Am waiting for someone to photoshop a Griz standing mouth open spraying pepper spray inside as breath mint spray...8^)

10-Aug-15
"wear bells"... lol... that'll work good elk hunting...

11-Aug-15
Although the spray is good at deterring bears from an attack, once the spray is dispersed and gets on the foliage and ground, it is an attractant, so perhaps the first bite released the spray, he dropped it, then came back for that tasty morsel! Besides, if in only got in his mouth and not nose and eyes, the bear might actually have liked it!

11-Aug-15
A person in a sleeping bag is what a Grizzly bear considers a "soft taco". LOL

12-Aug-15
Busts been a Mexican bear that wanted something spicy.

12-Aug-15
You may need to look for missing whistles.

13-Aug-15
Had a bear bite into a can of Raid Yard Guard that was sitting on our fish cleaning table in Ontario one summer. Would have loved to seen the reaction of that also.

17-Aug-15
Friday I went out to check the cameras again. Walked around a tree and saw a black bear with a big white chest vee just 10 yards from where the bear spray was found 2 weeks prior. The bear was just sitting there when I saw it at 15 yards from me. It looked at me and then in the next 10 - 15 seconds, it looked like it was confused and didn't know what it wanted to do. If finally just got up and turned around and ran off. Probably the same bear looking for some more pepper.

17-Aug-15
leave a hand full of ghost peppers there for him, see if he dares

17-Aug-15
A friend had a bear race their camp drank his bear and ate his shaving cream and a whole tube of preparation H

17-Aug-15
I wonder if ghost peppers are listed for multiple use? Can you use it as insect deterrent as well as other deterrents?

• Sitka Gear