Chip T. 14-Aug-15
coelker 14-Aug-15
fubar racin 14-Aug-15
huntmaster 14-Aug-15
Amoebus 14-Aug-15
habu john 14-Aug-15
caribou77 14-Aug-15
14-Aug-15
So I am buying a wall tent for hunting and family camping etc. I have narrowed down the company (The Wall Tent Shop) and all my options etc. But I am just not sold on the tent size yet.

Right now my family consist of my wife and 2 kids ages 9 and 5. We can do the stack able/bunk cots for several years to save space. We are getting the extended fly to act as a porch for our cooking table and a place to eat out of rain etc. So this saves space in the tent.

I want enough room for the 4 of us and up to 2 other adults. The tent shop guy says that the 14x16 will work, but it would be pretty tight where as a 16x20 would be better. He said the 14x16 would be great for just 4. On the flip side a 16x24 would feel overly big with the same 4.

So given that the 14x16 is almost $600 cheaper and easier to set up and can fit in a smaller area. Would you buy it or the larger tent that will allow for extra people to join in and provide us with ample space?

I am leaning towards the larger tent as my kids get older they will want friends etc. to join as well.

14-Aug-15
Play it safe and go with the larger.

14-Aug-15
That is what I ended up doing. I cut some options like the fancy floor and made up the price difference.

It ships next week.

Thanks

14-Aug-15
Love my wall tent shop 16x24 if had from 2 to 9 people in it comfortably

14-Aug-15
Wall Tent shop tents are solid! I have a 12 x 14.

It looks like you bought one already, but I was going to mention buying two 12x14's with doors on both ends and you will have the best of both worlds. You can take one if its a small group or take two and butt them together when you have a larger group.

14-Aug-15
I would buy it for the majority of use - not the maximum. If it is just going to be the 4 of you 90% of the time, then I would get the smaller one (which is still pretty heavy and big). When you have a couple of other people, they can have a separate sleeping tent (they might prefer this) and then come into the wall tent for meals/evening talks.

14-Aug-15
14 x 16 Davis wall tent for me and I can fit 6 large cots in there and a table. If I put the stove in the tent I do not go with more than 5 cots. Davis has a unique awning system too for my internal frame. Just add the eve poles and roof pole to the existing frame and you are all set. My overhang is 5 feet. Good luck on your purchase.

14-Aug-15
16x20.....you will be amazed at how much room you have! Thats huge

• Sitka Gear