Tazman 18-Aug-15
Tazman 18-Aug-15
Unit 9er 18-Aug-15
cityhunter 18-Aug-15
JohnB 19-Aug-15
18-Aug-15

Tazman's embedded Photo
Tazman's embedded Photo
Trying to get ready for my first ever Elk hunt, out in CO in 2 weeks. Did 30 miles in the Wht Mountains this weekend, and felt pretty good even in the 90 degree heat. Being a flatlander, 4500 ft was the highest peak I could get to. Just still testing some gear and trying to stay in hiking shape. Heading out on the 2nd for 14 days in North West CO, with a buddy for some DIY OTC. With a little help from Mike at Start My Hunt and some other research, Im hopefully somewhat prepared. I just wanted to thank everyone on this Section, for all their insite and ridiculous knowledge. Its been beyond helpful. Nothing beats experience and this Section is jammed with it. My friend and I will be filming the whole trip, and I will make sure to share it on this site, once its edited, as well as any good stories I might have. Thanks again Tazman

18-Aug-15

Tazman's embedded Photo
Tazman's embedded Photo

18-Aug-15
Awesome. Can't wait to hear the outcome.

18-Aug-15
good luck but i would leave the camera behind and concentrate on killing a elk esp yr first attempt

19-Aug-15
Good luck! I will be out there next week I am hearing its been a wet summer with showers in the afternoons. Wind changes when they come thru.

• Sitka Gear