Bear Track 27-Aug-15
midwest 27-Aug-15
Z Barebow 27-Aug-15
SteveB 27-Aug-15
18-Aug-15

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo

Charlie Rehor's Link
A friend of mine gave me a couple of these bars and they are really good. I ordered a case for my Colorado trip. The bars were developed by a Guide/Athlete from NM. You may be interested in getting some for your Western hunts!

Click on the link and read about the ingredients. It's quality ingredients we need for energy and recovery. Good luck all!

18-Aug-15

Ingredients

18-Aug-15
Thanks for sharing I'll have to give them a try.Lewis

18-Aug-15
Thanks Charlie, definitely worth a try!

18-Aug-15
are they a bowsite sponsor :>

18-Aug-15
City: No not a sponsor! You can always click on the Sponsors tab to check! C

18-Aug-15
Camofire has had them for sale couple times in the last month or so.

They also have a Probar on sale now that is very good, 100% natural and organic.

18-Aug-15
I recently got hooked on Honey Stingers....1 oz. and 160 calories! Going to be great for the backcountry.

18-Aug-15
Yes, high fat content foods are the way to go. That's why I bring pepperoni. Also because it kicks the crap out of Mountain House.

18-Aug-15
Ike, the pepperoni, salami, cheese on a bagguette wrapped in foil and cooked on a fire is my new favorite "special treat" lunch!

18-Aug-15
I always wonder why I pay $5 for a can of peanuts but you can buy three pound bags of trail mix with all kinds of nuts for $5 at Wally world. This bar looks to have the right stuff though.

19-Aug-15
Midwest - What is a baguette?

19-Aug-15
Wow that's got the 100 calories per oz beat easily. I will have to check them out. Hope they have others without coconut. That stuff will kill me. Yuck lol

19-Aug-15
Ike I do the same on a wrap. I call it back country pizza! I also eat PBJ and honey on wraps.

19-Aug-15
Appears to be only blue berry/coconut. Maybe they'll add more flavors for you picky guys.

19-Aug-15
I buy the Gatorade Recovery bars from walmart by the box. They are a meal. Each 2.8oz bar has 20g of protein and 360 calories for about $1.50

Biggest problem with them, is they are all dipped in chocolate, so not very friendly if left in your car on hot days, lol

Wish they came in Blueberry/Coconut, that sounds good!

19-Aug-15
I sell Hammer Nutrition in my bike shop. They make some great stuff as well.

19-Aug-15
"Midwest - What is a baguette?"

A long thin loaf of French bread.

19-Aug-15
A 1.56 oz snickers bar is 215 calories. This 1.58 oz bar is 167 calories. Why would I chose it over the snickers bar?

19-Aug-15

z hunter's Link
Wow, nice edit Charlie, not debating, just facts, i would pay $21.99, or a $1.83 for the 12 Bandera bars as well. I like variety too. Sometimes i buy clif bars.

Nothing against Bandera or anyone, a dozen Bandera bars will contain 2004 total calories @ 18.96 total oz. A dozen recovery bars contains 4320 cals and 33.6 total oz

19-Aug-15
Guys, I REALLY like the CLIF energy bars and they have a bunch of good "flavor" varieties!! And they are around $1 each and are very filling.

19-Aug-15
calories are key in the mountains the more the better

19-Aug-15
14 grams of sugar is the killer for me. Sugar beats the body up. Shawn

19-Aug-15
Agree with deerman406 TOO MUCH SUGAR

19-Aug-15
Aspen Ghost - you beat me to it - SNICKERS all the way.

19-Aug-15
These bars are on Camofire right now. FYI.....

20-Aug-15
Thanks for brining them to our attention Charlie. Will check them out.

Mark

20-Aug-15
I like the FitCrunch bars. 3.10 Oz, 380 cal, 30g protein. Taste like Snickers!

20-Aug-15
Blueberry coconut sounds like an odd flavor combo.

20-Aug-15
First thing I look at in a bar... well, that kind of bar anyway... is it tasty? Or in some cases even edible? Not a comment on this bar never having tried them, just a question.

Lots of energy bars with good numbers that I can barely choke down one or two, much less a week or more of them.... nothing worse on the mountain than dreading the next snack.... unless it's so bad you're looking forward to eating that dreadful snack. Have had far more nasty ones than good ones for sure.

Have to try one sometime. Thanks for the heads up.

21-Aug-15
As stated above by many, too much sugar for me.

zhunter, how do those bars taste, I'm going to pick up a couple for a century ride tomorrow and see how they go over. Could be a great new alternative for my back country hunts!

22-Aug-15
I have found something that works for me almost as well as any energy bar, don't laugh but Uncrustables(PBandJ) sandwhich pockets. I do not now the calories or protein amounts but they are filling and get me going or make me last while on stand. Shawn

22-Aug-15
"I have found something that works for me almost as well as any energy bar, don't laugh but Uncrustables(PBandJ) sandwhich pockets. I do not now the calories or protein amounts but they are filling and get me going or make me last while on stand. Shawn"

Yes, I'm not the only one...Lol

23-Aug-15
Carbs are key as they are the energy source. I doubt a regular candy bar can give that to you. Candy bars are packed full of processed sugar, a bad remedy for physical exertion.

These bars have a fair amount of carbs, that's good.

23-Aug-15
I make my own. Plenty of recipes on line. Mine is:

2 cups rolled oats 1 can chick peas 1 can pineapple 1/2 cup dried cherries 1/3 cup chopped walnuts 1/3 cup dried cranberries 1/2 teasp salt

Some other options are chopped date, raisins, chocolate chips, etc. Puree the chick peas and pineapple then blend with dry ingredients. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Makes 16 chewy bars.

27-Aug-15

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
Not to compare brands, but how do mine compare? Cholesterol is my issue.

27-Aug-15
Those sound good, Purdue.

I make Fuzzy bars....thanks, Fuzzy!

Fuzzy’s Meal-Bars:

1 cup honey

1 cup Steel Cut Oats

1 cup Shredded coconut

1 cup Chopped pecans

1 cup flax seed meal

1 cup non fat dry milk (or buttermilk) powder

1 cup Chopped Figs

1 tablespoon Olive oil

Heat the honey (I use blue agave syrup sometimes instead) in a cooking pot until very thin (don’t scorch it), turn off the heat, add in this order: Powdered milk, olive oil, flax seed meal, shredded coconut, steel cut oats, nuts, chopped figs. Stir each ingredient in well with a wooden spoon before adding the next. You can substitute dried dates, blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, apples, raisins, currants whatever. You can use walnuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, slivered almonds, etc instead of pecans. It’ll change your nutritional values a little.

Press into a shallow rectangular 9” Pyrex dish, chill, then cut into rectangular bars. Wrap in foil oiled lightly with olive oil. Makes 12 servings@: (this recipie) +/- 347 calories ….about right for a quick, portable meal-replacement) Total Fat 94g (61% RDA)

27-Aug-15
I have made Fuzzy bars also and have some ready to go for this fall.

27-Aug-15
Ron, those seem to be mostly a carb boost and not much else. Too much sugar for me but I'll bet they taste great.

• Sitka Gear