'Ike' (Phone) 22-Aug-15
808bowhunter 22-Aug-15
BTM 22-Aug-15
Toby 23-Aug-15
Z Barebow 24-Aug-15
wyobullshooter 24-Aug-15
BULELK1 25-Aug-15
21-Aug-15
For those NR that drew Wyoming elk, dont forget to purchase your $30 archery permit!

Good luck to all

21-Aug-15
Glad to see you picked one up!

Oh, and the "Conservation Tag", too.

21-Aug-15
Keep in mind if you drew a type 9 tag you don't need the archery license but you still need the conservation stamp. Good luck!!!

21-Aug-15
Drew a Type 9 elk tag, but then added a Region deer tag for good measure...so needed the archery permit after all. Looking forward to it!

21-Aug-15
Or the special feed ground management permit if you're hunting most of western Wyoming! Gees! Anything else??? LOL!

21-Aug-15
Yeah, if you're taking a ATV or UTV, don't forget your permit for that, too!

22-Aug-15
Got a warning last year and my brother got tickets for not having the feed ground permit and conservation stamp. Got stopped packing my brothers bull out(the reason he got the ticket). Wont make that mistake again.

22-Aug-15
They stopped u in the timber or on the trail on the way out? I believe u totally I was just curious as to how it went down & if they were waiting on u at the trailhead or actually came in after u.

22-Aug-15
Feed Ground Mngt....Really!?!

22-Aug-15
The warden was pulling into the parking lot as we were just reaching the car. We had no problem walking up to him as we thought we were completely legal and had a nice bull we were proud of. He was amazed that we came from Hawaii and shot nice bull so he took a picture of us with the rack and our story of violations ended up in the WY wildlife monthly newsletter. The warden was very friendly and understanding about the whole issue

22-Aug-15
Recently I saw a resident get a ticket for not having an archery license.

23-Aug-15
Feed ground management? What is that??

24-Aug-15
Feed ground management. There are some units which you need to possess a feed ground management permit. The feedground management program is a supplemental winter feeding program to support elk in key western units. (Controversial). I has been going on since early 1900's. The cost of the permit helps pay for the program.

24-Aug-15
Before you start your hunt, take the time to read the elk regs. These requirements are all covered. They should never come as a surprise, since it's been this way for many years. The only requirement that you won't find in the regs is the ORV sticker that midwest mentioned. That's a Forest Service requirement, not G&F.

25-Aug-15

BULELK1's Link
See my link above for all your needed 'stamps'...

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear