wilbur 21-Aug-15
Mt. man 21-Aug-15
wilbur 21-Aug-15
TC 21-Aug-15
kentuckbowhnter 21-Aug-15
Don K 21-Aug-15
cityhunter 21-Aug-15
21-Aug-15
Can you bring you rack home in checked baggage on Delta. I know there has been a lot of talk regarding African trophy's so I was wondering, I understand it can cost several hundred dollars to ship you meat back. Its getting close New Mexico Sept 19th

21-Aug-15
Last year we brought home a good sized 5x5 antlers only in our checked bags from Colorado to BWI.

Our outfitter provides a refer truck service to the east coast. Couple $100 bucks is right.

Not a problem.

Just dont name the elk you shoot and somehow humanize the beast.

21-Aug-15

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
SouthWest was awesome with one of mine. The curbside baggage dude helped and they didn't charge a thing. On another trip Delta took my rack as an extra piece of luggage and charged me $150.00.

21-Aug-15
I volunteer for the organization Hunt of a Lifetime to take kids with illness on their dream hunts. We ship horns all the time as it is way more cost effective for a non-profit organization like ours to throw on the plane for $75 rather than a few hundred for shipping. We would rather that extra $$$ goes to the next kids trip.

FYI- we go to a craft store like Hobby Lobby and buy those foam Christmas decoration balls and push and tape them onto each horn tip. They won't let it on the plane unless all sharp edges and points are covered so they can't poke thru others baggage. Some wrap them with duct tape and cardboard, but we've found the foam balls and duct tape work great. Cape out the skull and a little wrapped foam in the plastic grocery bags and duct tape and your good to go!

21-Aug-15

wilbur's embedded Photo
wilbur's embedded Photo
This is a picture from the plane Delta loading my rack.

Make sure to bring a bunch of short pieces of old garden hose and a roll of duck tape. Use the hose to cover the ends of the tines.

21-Aug-15
Coming back from Canada 2 years ago Delta was NOT going to allow me to take my deer rack back with me as the "points were dangerous". I talked to 2 supervisors and eventually they relented however if I didn't have 4 hours before the trip I wouldn't have had them. Be careful and expect a potential hassle.

21-Aug-15
I would show up real early with a rack, southwest tried to say my bowcase was too big last year and I had to get a supervisor out to the checkin counter to get the agent to accept it.

21-Aug-15
I think no matter what airline your flying with you should know "their" policies and have them printed and in your hands. Every thread I read on this goes right back to the person that is checking you in and "their" thoughts on the subject

21-Aug-15
MT MAN I have a iowa farm would love to have a kid hunt it ,, Iowa dnr will do away with the points

• Sitka Gear