cityhunter 22-Aug-15
tommygun 22-Aug-15
Don K 22-Aug-15
Topgun 30-06 22-Aug-15
Brown E 25-Aug-15
DonVathome 25-Aug-15
BULELK1 26-Aug-15
22-Aug-15
I'm sitting on 8pts. Done lots of research and have narrowed down couple spots. Be a solo hunter - non resident and would need a outfitter. But what I'm missing are those small mom and pop places I love going to. May not advertise but Go by word of mouth and have regular hunters. Budget is hard with son in college now. Time will soon be approaching to apply in a few months and i have nothing going on in 2016. Any suggestions ....these points are burning !!

22-Aug-15
With 8 points I would be in 38. No outfitter is needed for that unit. It definitely would be cheaper going that route.

22-Aug-15
why the need for a outfitter? WY has so much awesome public hunting

22-Aug-15
Well just say to make my wife happy that I'm not alone somewhere ...past visits to a Canadian ER while bear hunting doesn't help . But believe me ....get me a tent and small camp fire I'm all good

22-Aug-15
You will be far from being alone in 38. With the money you would save on the outfitter the wife could go shopping. That might change her mind. Lol

22-Aug-15
mike is correct i hunted the bh never seen so much human traffic no grizz in bh very easy units to hunt lots of elk I wouldn't burn 8 points but to each there own

22-Aug-15
Heard lots up pros/cons with 38. Anywhere with access you'll have bodies. Time of year with Labor Day....deer hunting..grouse hunting. Know having points isn't a VIP ticket to exclusiveness . There Isn't velvet rope and a bouncer at the trial head.. But without knowledge of an area as a non-res I'd have to sacrifice a little

22-Aug-15
Get yourself a Delorme in Reach so you can communicate with the wife to make her happy.

Plenty of people in your shoes that you could camp with and hunt on your own.

22-Aug-15
Maybe hook up with someone you've known on the net for a length of time. I'm helping a guy the first two weeks of next month who drew his 45-9 tag up there. We've been on two websites together for years and when he decided he wanted to burn his PPs and asked for help I offered my help and trailer for those two weeks. After that I'll continue on all the way through October with other hunts I have going on out there.

25-Aug-15
Tommygun I sent you a PM

25-Aug-15

26-Aug-15
PM sent---

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear