Ermine 17-Sep-15
Ermine 17-Sep-15
RonG 17-Sep-15
azrod 17-Sep-15
South Farm 18-Sep-15
WapitiBob 18-Sep-15
Packn 18-Sep-15
16-Sep-15
That the majority of the elk on the 2015 meat pole seem to be shot in the AM?

I hate getting up day after day at 430ish, but that page doesn't lie.

16-Sep-15
Early bird gets the elk I guess.

16-Sep-15
2nd mouse gets the cheese.

16-Sep-15
All my branch antlered bulls have been killed before 9am. Most spikes and cows too.

16-Sep-15
6 of 9 archery bulls were afternoon/evening hunts, 3 were killed in the morn....but then I also hate getting up at 4am so mostly hunt afternoons. Never been an issue unless we have temps in the mid 80s which we had 2nd half of last week here. Then I prefer mornings.

I think they play better in the afternoons myself.

16-Sep-15
you can almost trust the wind until about 9:00. I said almost, way better than afternoons.

16-Sep-15
By far most of my action has been in the afternoon but that may be skewed by me not getting up out early enough to get the morning action! Working on that, bought the gear to get us back in the woods camping so it doesn't take so long to get to the elk.

17-Sep-15
up at 5 every day. 4 isn't a stretch. Will be up at 4 tomorrow heading to CO.

2 years ago we were up a 230am a couple of days. Learned our lesson on that one....camp closer to where you hunt...lol.

17-Sep-15
Buddy got his in the am this year, I had squall oppurtunity when it came to encounters in the am vs pm. I did notice one thing...most were taken 40+ yards away

17-Sep-15
On the meat pole all were taken (for those that gave yardage), under 40 except 1.

17-Sep-15
Mine went from 7 to 28, and the bull at 14 yards.

We got blown out on some great bulls due to afternoon rain storms (wind swirling at the last minute)etc. We were leaving so we really pushed hard and it bit us.

17-Sep-15
I think when elk, deer, etc. are pretty nocturnal the morning hunts seem best. Better luck cutting them off heading back into bedding areas than waiting for them in the evening to come out. Sometimes you may spot and bed em in the morning, slip in and hunt them in the afternoon though.

Once the first good cold front moves in the activity is less nocturnal, sometimes near all day.

17-Sep-15
I've had opposite this year.

Almost no action in the morning. Everything has been evening for me.

Killed a bull in the evening as well.

17-Sep-15
I've had opposite this year.

Almost no action in the morning. Everything has been evening for me.

Killed a bull in the evening as well.

17-Sep-15
I've killed seven in the morning, six in the evening, and one in the middle of the day.

So far this year it's been slow, morning or evening.

17-Sep-15
Grandsons was 6;30 am 40 yds 2nd morning

18-Sep-15
I can think of two parties out there hunting right now that would be happy just to see an elk...morning or evening! They don't sound happy..

18-Sep-15
Just bugled in 2 bulls at the same time, one up the draw and the other down the side of the ridge, 9:00 sharp. Only bugles we had this morning. Weird year for me.

18-Sep-15
I prefer to get up at 3 or 4 am and hunt early than to hunt the evening and get back to camp at 10:00pm. So I can say. Most if mine are killed between 7:00am am and 3:00 pm. This year was my first bow knoll at 9:10am.

• Sitka Gear