BB 22-Oct-15
BoonROTO 22-Oct-15
orionsbrother 22-Oct-15
17-Sep-15
frontal shot.

17-Sep-15
That's a great picture of an awesome bull. God Bless

17-Sep-15
Wow, didn't know they had elk like that, or mountains like that, in CT!

17-Sep-15
That's a very cool photo Pat!!!

17-Sep-15
What a photo and WHAT a bull, nice!

17-Sep-15
Nice contrast with the bluish background

Did ya get a shot with his head turned to the side ?

That should be an awesome profile shot!

17-Sep-15
Awesome...

18-Sep-15
Yea that's a keeper to have around for a long time.

18-Sep-15
Nice!

18-Sep-15
beautiful picture!!!!

19-Sep-15
Great pics.Pat was that taken with your sony and what lense.Lewis

19-Sep-15
Those pics are outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

19-Sep-15
What is distance on those Bulls I'm impressed Lewis

20-Sep-15
RMNP?

20-Sep-15
Very Nice! Love the first one for sure.

20-Sep-15
What zoo is that? I may want to take the family....

Great pics.

21-Sep-15
Bullshooter - I guessed Rocky Mountain National Park...

21-Sep-15
A - that's my guess too! :)

I have similar pictures I took in 2011...

Yeah, right.... Pat ain't going to pass that bad boy! :) LOL

>>>>-------->

21-Sep-15
love those pics.

22-Sep-15
Pat hate to be a pain but I'll get over it.What other lenses do you have for your sony??take care Lewis

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Pat, I give up you win!

I had a couple friends tell me about this thread but I can't seem to get these elk in the open like you do. I called in this one, but instead of giving me a good shot, he started rubbing his antlers in the small pine tree in front of me. He just wouldn't cooperate!

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And one of these two guys had to roll in the mud before I took his photo so he ruined that opportunity!

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And this one acted like he just got a new set of dentures and was showing them off. So it was ruined too!

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And then finally I thought I could get a good close photo, but instead this one put his antlers to the ground and tore up the sage brush and would you know it got stuck in his antlers and ruined this photo. But I never gave up!

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
So I snuck in on this guy and he had all this junk hanging off his antlers.

How the heck do you do it Pat? I would really like to know!

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I finally found this one, but he opened up his mouth and made some weird noise! It sure ain't easy taking elk photos.

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
But finally I thought it was just about to happen, but once this guy got close, he pulled this stupid looking face on me! How do you do it Pat? I really want to know!

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I thought I was going to get it done on this morning too, but it was way too foggy!

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
So I finally gave up trying to beat you on elk photos and decided to challenge you on moose photos.

Beat this moose photo Pat!

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Great photos Pat and its fun isn't it? Its pretty much taken the place of my archery hunting anymore. I never thought this would happen to me, but I just changed my drive to photos but I still have to do most of the same things I did when hunting them. My bowhunting experiences sure have helped me a lot in this new endeavor.

I wish all of you a great bow hunt. And thanks for a great site. I have had lots of great time here, but most of all I have meant many life long friends and how can I say thanks enough! There is no way but I hope you know Pat this site has changed many lives in a positive way and I can say its helped me big time. And I thank you for that.

BB

And here's one more photo. Its of my wife and my dog Lexi a few weeks ago in the Tetons.

20-Oct-15
Looks like Pat's been SCHOOLED!

20-Oct-15
Pat you need to get one of those namey thingies that puts your name on the photos if you want to be taken seriously like bill

20-Oct-15
Thanks to both of you for sharing some real beauty and art work guys. Very enjoyable.

20-Oct-15
I doubt there are many here that don't quickly click on a thread that has "BB" attached to it.

20-Oct-15
Wow, nice bull! Pic's ok too. Keep going Pat, im starting to enjoy this little challenge back and forth.

Bill, as always you have a gift for catching the most breath taking detailed photo's and that bulls expression you caught is priceless!

20-Oct-15
Not that the others aren't nice but the last one is one badass photo!

20-Oct-15
Whos the young guy in the last pic.Lewis he he he

20-Oct-15

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
orionsbrother's embedded Photo
Ha! You guys! I tend to "soften" the focus to add warmth to my pictures and often make sure that there's an aspect of mystery for the viewer.

Namely, "What idiot took this picture?"

I always appreciate your work BB. And those are some nice pics too, Pat.

20-Oct-15
Hahahahahahaha, I think Pat needs to pick on amature Photographers not BB.

20-Oct-15
That is a great moose Pat.

Bill,

I love the elk pic of the bull with the crazy red eyes. Awesome!

20-Oct-15
Epic thread...in so many ways!

Best of Luck, Jeff

20-Oct-15
Well, it took a month for the gauntlet to drop, but the BB has landed!

There's a world of wonderful in this thread, but for me the high points are:

- how the cow moose manages to look like a Playmate of the Month with that come-hither look and that saucy hitch to her haunch.

- the power-to-weight ratio in Pat's bull moose; what? 21 lbs of KE = 1600 pounds of meat and 70" of width. Still the benchmark reference when arguing with rifle guys about kinetic energy

- the taut immediacy and breathless action of Orionsbrother's shot; because it tells me if he can post up a floater like that, there is still hope for my photography skills.

20-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
You win again Pat!

But when I showed your dead bulls photo to this bull elk, his expression says it all. And then he ran!

Nice bull by the way and I remember that from way back!

Have a great bow hunt. BB

21-Oct-15
orion's was nice but just too artsy for me.

;-)

21-Oct-15
Great stuff guys, as always. Bill, always wonderful to see your work. Keeps getting better and better. One of these days you're going to figure out this wildlife photography thing!

Pat, good job keeping the Estes Park golf course out of the frames! ;-)

21-Oct-15

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
I need a little more time to fine tune my craft.

Can you fix this?

21-Oct-15
Excuse me Z, but you're infringing on my signature style. I don't want to bring attorneys into this.

BB and Pat and any other fine photographers - Please continue posting more excellent pictures. I really enjoy these threads.

Should I, or anyone else, wish to imagine them with my artistic touch, we can just rub some sliced red onions around our eyes.

21-Oct-15
Z, that's what I see with my glasses off. If I was an Indian, I'd have been left back at camp to chew hides and weave baskets with the women...

21-Oct-15
orionsbrother- That is why I watermark all of my work, as I need to protect my intellectual property. My lawyer with the firm of Dewey Cheatume and Howe suggested this step.

Lou- Isn't Jacquomo a Cherokee name which translates to "One who works with beads"?

22-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Certainly not as big as your Alaskan moose, but still pretty good bulls for being shiras.

22-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And here's one on the ground, but still breathing! Again just a shiras.

22-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

22-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

22-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

22-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

22-Oct-15
BB, awesome pictures as always!

The 2nd photo actually has 4 deer in it right? Either that or the front buck has antler growing out of his neck and his body is contorted??

22-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

22-Oct-15
Wow, Bill. That sunset picture is mesmerizing.

22-Oct-15

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Rick, I have tons of sunset photos with critters in them but of all I have taken I personally like this one the best. (But I learned many like others much better. So much of this is a personal thing!) Glad you enjoyed it. Hope some of you like this one. I could never get a photo of this guy in decent light, even during the heat of his rut. But I caught him on a high ridge in southern Utah late one evening and got several photos of him. And I guess because of all it took is perhaps why it means so much to me. And in this small size you can't really see all the detail, but setting sun is reflecting off his polished antlers and the colors were so great. I know I have posted it here before, but for some reason the colors on the Bowsite and my colors are synced.

22-Oct-15
Those are some colossal mule deer, the sunset shot is great but the triple mule deer shot is fantastic.

22-Oct-15
Maybe it's because I've ended up arriving somewhere that I'm going to hunt just as the light is beginning to fade and will do some quick scouting...maybe it's because things happen in those twilight minutes when you're hunting...maybe I'm just itchy to get back in the field...

One of the guys at work saw your sunset pictures on my screen while I was taking care of something. He commented on how the pictures were "very cool, calming, meditative pictures."

I look at those pictures and feel a sense of anticipation, motion and excitement.

The differing perception is interesting. I wonder if you polled people what percentage of people would fall into either category or some other.

• Sitka Gear