Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Z Barebow 20-Sep-15
Florida Mike 21-Sep-15
Z Barebow 21-Sep-15
20-Sep-15

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
OK. I will admit when I first saw Jeff's slip system, I was skeptical. But as I looked at it closer, I saw potential. So I eventually bought it with an elk slip and a mule deer slip.

This fall, I took the slip system on it's maiden voyage (elk hunt) and I was impressed. On a backcountry hunt, I am always looking for gear which is multifunctional. The Slip system fits the bill!

Yes it is a decoy and a trecking pole. But I found the use as a shelter invaluable.

The first 2 days of my elk hunt were more rain than not. Yes I had raingear, but hunting in pouring rain is still a poor proposition. (Especially when you depend upon a blood trail). The area I hunted was almost nothing but beetle kill. So sitting underneath a pine tree didn't help much! But deploying the Slip System as a shelter was the cat's meow. When the rain let up, I was ready to continue hunting. At night, I would deploy the slip system over the vestibule on my BA Fly Creek tent, so I could exit my tent w/o getting soaked.

Thanks Jeff for a great product!

For a grade, I would give it an A. Only thing I would change is making it our of aircraft aluminum. It is a little heavy, but nothing objectionable. I got used to it. I would pay double what I did for this product if you shaved some ounces.

And it is a mountain selfie stick! (sorry, I should have left the camera adapter on it for pic)

21-Sep-15
Looks like incredibly steep country. (checkout the pic tools) Mike

21-Sep-15
Mike- I was so ecstatic, I couldn't even stand.

Hopefully I have it fixed now.

• Sitka Gear