Bear Track 22-Sep-15
Well-Strung 22-Sep-15
Kodiak 22-Sep-15
JohnB 22-Sep-15
Start My Hunt 23-Sep-15
Sage of the Sage2 25-Sep-15
bad karma 25-Sep-15
22-Sep-15
Less than 30 days until second season and I fall off a ladder and crack three ribs. Painful as hell and I am hoping they heal up in time so that I can still carry a pack full of elk.

22-Sep-15
No fun. BTDT, but twice as many ribs and the sternum.

Give yourself plenty of time to heal between now and then if you want a chance to hunt in the mountains.

Oh, and avoid sneezing at all costs. :-)

22-Sep-15
Good luck. For me, 30 days is cutting what you are going to ask your body to do, a little close.

22-Sep-15
I cracked my ribs two weeks before season I feel for you. I physically couldn't draw my bow back for two weeks. Missed the biggest bull of my life because I couldn't keep it held back long enough. I ended up tagging out as did my brother. Almost killed me to hang and clean 1t by myself glad I had him for the second elk. We packed both down I found I couldn't use the chest straps on the pack frame. Shallow breathes.

Cleaning and camp chores will be the hardest part. I would try not to shoot until it heals some. I also would draw later than I normally would so you don't have to hold it like I did and miss an opportunity. Adrenaline will help you get it back but not hold it back for long.

22-Sep-15
I cracked a couple ribs about 15 years ago. I'd say after about 3 weeks I was back to normal, but every injury is different.

Good luck.

22-Sep-15
Sorry about the ribs, cracked one of mine 7 weeks before I went west took 4 weeks before I could draw without much pain. Your map worked great even though the elk didn't co-operate...give yourself a tight hug when you feel a sneeze coming!

23-Sep-15
I agree with the sneezing part--not fun. Although yawning and coughing are not much fun either. John, glad my maps got you into some elk. Wished you would have had better luck and got some down.

Mike

25-Sep-15
Cracked ribs only hurt if you laugh or move or breathe. I did this a few years ago. Not a fun injury to be sure. It actually took over a year before my tender ribs felt normal again. Hang in there.

25-Sep-15
I cracked a couple of ribs a long time ago. Then I got a cold 2 days later. Sneezing and coughing...I'd double over when I sneezed because about 2 seconds later, it was like a baseball bat to the ribs. Best of luck.

25-Sep-15
happened to me in college when I played rugby. it really affected my ability to even get out of bed without help for a while....much less pull my bow.

• Sitka Gear