Contributors to this thread:
Cazador 22-Sep-15
hoytshooter1 22-Sep-15
Ermine 22-Sep-15
Coyote 65 22-Sep-15
txhunter58 23-Sep-15
HUNT MAN 23-Sep-15
22-Sep-15
In Colorado, it is still going full steam ahead. Big herds, bulls with tons of cows with satélite bulls all over.

My brother rifle hunts at this time and I've been with him many times and can't believe how the big bulls show up in October vs just a few short weeks prior.

22-Sep-15
Called a bull in on Oct 18th for my buddy to take...bulls were going nuts

22-Sep-15
I go out and tag long on rifle hunts with friends and family. They are usually always bugling 1st season sometimes rutting like crazy:

And sometimes bugling pretty good in 2nd season.

I've even heard a bugle in Novemeber during 3rd season

22-Sep-15
I have heard/seen crazy elk goings on first second week of Oct. Have heard them respond to a cow call the week before thanksgiving, however by that time they have lost most of the high notes of their bugles and sound more like their red deer relatives.

Terry

23-Sep-15
The thing to remember is if you are on public land they have been hunted since the first of September and may not bugle. However, they can still be rutting and may still come in silently to a cow call.

23-Sep-15
I have had good luck here in Montana the last 2 weeks. It can be all or nothing. They will be herded up with lots of elk when you find them.hunt

• Sitka Gear