Pegger 25-Sep-15
Mule Power 25-Sep-15
Bear Track 25-Sep-15
hunt596 25-Sep-15
J.P. Rich 26-Sep-15
J.P. Rich 26-Sep-15
ILLINI78 26-Sep-15
24-Sep-15
My father in law wants me to find him a bull elk hunt for the 2016 season. He is not in the best shape and would like more of a ranch style hunt with cushy accommodations. Not really my style but to each there own. He is looking in the 5-10K range for a good hunt with good opportunity. What outfitters or guides can you guys recommend? Open to any state, open to any weapon type. Basically he has never shot a elk and wants to shoot one and mount for his cabin, doesn't have to be huge but wants a decent 6 point.

24-Sep-15
http://www.bandedpeakranchoutfitters.com/

Colorado - I did this hunt and killed my first bull on the second day. I was bummed as the scenery was so pretty and it was over just as soon as it begun. The accomadations are first class, as well as the food and staff. You may not kill a 350" bull but you will be in tons of elk and many bulls are killed over 300"... It's almost too nice.

24-Sep-15
It's over the counter for archery, rifle you need a couple points last I heard. --- Tell them Tony Ford from CA referred you.

24-Sep-15

Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
Vinny Delgado - Montana Hunt Co.

They have a few diff hunts but their best hunt is 100% for both archery/rifle.

Amazing place with lots of elk and great guides. Several guys have been there (I have but with rifle where I shot a nice elk and a nice WT).

I wasn't picky as it was all just an amazing experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-x_SPKoIwQ

24-Sep-15

Deer I shot.

24-Sep-15

Rocking R's Link
I am a Bowsite Sponsor and the hunt you are describing is exactly what we offer for rifle hunters. Great accommodations and gentle terrain for rifle hunts. We also have much more challenging terrain for those that are interested in that type of hunt. Thank you for the consideration.

You can also search the Bowsite threads for information about my operation.

Dan Reardon

Rocking R Outfitters

25-Sep-15
Any more recommendations out there?

25-Sep-15
Limestone Outfitters,New Mexico.Darrel has guided Nascar guys,and all the well known celebs on TV.Archery,muzzelloader,rifle.

25-Sep-15
I would reach out to MulePower here on Bowsite.

he should be able to point you in the right direction

25-Sep-15

Pegger's embedded Photo
Pegger's embedded Photo
johnbang,

I just got back from my 6th consecutive year with Montana Hunt and Fish Company. I just shot my 5th bull hunting with MHFC. If your father in law is looking at rifle hunts or bow hunts, I believe he could be successful with either. 2 years ago I took my 75yo grandfather with me to hunt with Vinny. He had no problem getting around and had multiple opportunities at shots. (He got ruined by seeing a 300" bull on day 1).

You CANNOT go wrong hunting with him. Fantastic guides, fantastic accommodations, ranches that can be hunted with few to no large hills to climb. Vinny is a stand up no BS kind of guy. You tell him what you're looking for in a hunt and he will tell you if he can accommodate or not.

Check out the outfitter reviews on his page. Ask BigDan who he would hunt with. Please feel free to PM me if you wish to talk further about it.

Please PM me if you have any specific questions or you can email me at [email protected]

25-Sep-15

Mule Power's Link
I think Craig at Triple 3 in Wyoming has what you need. But you won't be able to hunt there in 2016 with no points. You can buy a point right now until the end of the month.

Here's a link to the Trip 3 website.

25-Sep-15

Bear Track's Link
This is where you stop looking johnbang. Read my thread "My Elk Hunt with Rocking R" It's a far as you need to go my friend. I've been an outfitters for more than 20 years and this is one great outfitter that cares.

pm me for more if you want.

25-Sep-15
I suggest you look into Nine Mile Guest Ranch in Meeker, Co. I just completed a archery elk hunt with a 5x5 on the first day!! Fourth try with different outfitters and these folks hunt their private ranches that are managed for elk hunts. Exceptional people and loads of elk. Over the counter tags.

26-Sep-15

J.P. Rich's embedded Photo
One more vote for Montana Hunt and Fish Company. Vinny can set up just what you are looking for. And as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

26-Sep-15

And another thousand words. I don't know about Vinny's other ranches but the one I hunted takes "cushy accomodations" to a whole new level. Both guides there are also a joy to hunt with.

26-Sep-15
Just got back from hunting with silver spur outfitters in Colorado. I would highly suggest a hunt with them. I had shot opportunities 2 out of the 3 days I hunted. Not a demanding hunt if you don't want it to be. Archery and 2nd and 3rd riffle season should be over the counter tags. Let me know if you need more information.

• Sitka Gear