Bowboy 25-Sep-15
BULELK1 26-Sep-15
bear2 27-Sep-15
Z Barebow 27-Sep-15
Amoebus 28-Sep-15
25-Sep-15

BULELK1's Link
See my link above---

This fellow hunter-----Thank the Good Lord.

Good luck, Robb

25-Sep-15
Glad all turned out well. Another reminder to invest in and carry a PLB on solo trips. Hope he's hunting again soon.

25-Sep-15
great ending. lots of guts.

still not sure how the headline can be so wrong though

"Hunter who broke both legs in the wilderness wrote goodbye letter to his wife and kids then prepared for suicide – but he changed his mind and crawled FOUR DAYS to safety"

Nowhere in the article does it say be broke two legs, it repeatedly says two bones in his leg. how tough is it to write a headline right.

25-Sep-15
Godbless the hunter and his family.

I guess I don't understand how he was spotted by motorcycle/dirtbike riders in a wilderness area.the article doesn't say he made it out of the wilderness area but I assume he did or at least close enough to be seen.

InReach! I don't own one at this time but after this story I will by my next wilderness hunt.

25-Sep-15
Amazing will to live!

26-Sep-15
+1 bou----

2 bones not 2 legs!

Good luck, Robb

27-Sep-15
Some really ignorant comments by some Brits on there.

27-Sep-15
Thanks for posting link Robb.

I bought an InReach this year and it gave me and my family peace of mind that was not available on previous hunts. In the grand scheme of hunt costs, I have spent more money on far worse things. It will now be with me on any hunt where cell signal is suspect or non existent. I am sure this guy would have given a body part to have an InReach in his pack.

28-Sep-15
"Some really ignorant comments by some Brits on there"

I always kick myself after reading any newspaper's comment section. I have read equally stupid things in most US papers also (and most of these comments seem to come from the US). It is obvious that most folks are terrified of being alone.

• Sitka Gear