Charlie Rehor 09-Oct-15
trkyslr 09-Oct-15
Gaur 10-Oct-15
Jimbo 15-Oct-15
Ken Taylor 15-Oct-15
04-Oct-15

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Thanks as well to Pat for urging me to make this happen and putting the feature together.

www.WWIAF.org measures the success of these events "not on the game taken but by the friendships made and appreciation of the therapeutic benefits of the great outdoors"!

I urge you to check out their website and also urge any of you Purple Heart recipients to register with them so you may potentially go on one of these future events! C

The attached photo is the famed Lone Cone mountain near where we will hunt!

05-Oct-15
Awesome! Really looking forward to hearing about Jake's hunt. Hopefully there's a hero shot at the end with a true hero in it!

05-Oct-15

Here is a picture of Jake arriving at Rocking R Ranch and meeting Dan and his father Peter. C

06-Oct-15
Looking forward to the updates!

06-Oct-15

Day 2 is up!

07-Oct-15

Day 3 of Jake's hunt is up!

This day he tells his story of the day he got wounded. It was 11/18/07 and I couldn't help but think I was likely archery hunting deer that day. If you have questions please ask them here! C

08-Oct-15

nijimasu's Link
Hope this is appropriate here. My brother was a young trauma doctor the military in the late 60's. This made me think of a lot of the guys he must have worked with.

08-Oct-15
Thank you Charlie for not only putting this hunt together, but for sharing it with us. And Jake, there aren't enough hunts in this world for us the show out thanks for what you've done for your country, and each and every one of us who call it home. We don't consider exactly how much our liberties that we take for granted, have cost.

We're looking forward to day 4!

08-Oct-15
A big thanks to all who help put this together and most importantly thank you to Jake for your service! Enjoying the updates and looking forward to the rest of the hunt.

08-Oct-15

nijimasu: That is a fine video link you attached! As I mentioned earlier the current warriors are very appreciative of the support the Vietnam era guys have given them. The Vietnam era guys were treated poorly for many years upon return and collectively they are helping the current warriors in many ways! This feature is about Jake but ALSO about ALL the past, current and future warriors. THANK you ALL for answering the call!!

08-Oct-15
Jake's story is truly amazing. When he told me his story, I couldn't help but think about how blessed I am to have guys and gals that put their lives on the line to protect our freedoms. Jake is a tremendous individual and he left a permanent impression on all of us.

It was an absolute honor to hunt with a man of Jake's caliber. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thank you to all who have served!

08-Oct-15
Thank you for your service Jake! I am proud to call you a fellow American and bowhunter.

We are anxiously awaiting that moment when a bull hits the dirt though. I didn't get to personally experience the feeling this year. Good luck to you and the others.

08-Oct-15
Jake thank you for your service that you have given to our country. We don't say it enough to you and all vet's.

nijiasu - Thank you for that reminder of the service and sacrifice that our service men and women have made so that we could have the freedom to do what we enjoy.

08-Oct-15
Many thanks to our men and women in the armed forces!

Thanks for be so willing to share "your story" Jake! It helps us civilians understand just a little bit of what you have been through!

What a great hunt...hope it becomes and annual Bowsite/Rocking R hunt!

The pilot that flew the F-15 in.....Charlie, did you guys establish that was going to happen?

Mark

08-Oct-15

Mark: It was a coincidence. There happened to be a function at the airport the next morning and the Pilot based in either Washington or Oregon was invited and he also happened to live in the Montrose area. .

I was mad at myself for not snapping some pictures but I was introducing everyone and I didn't feel comfortable right then snapping pics.

Here is a pic from the WWIAF website! Kind of says it all!

08-Oct-15
AMEN!

Very cool about the pilot stopping in!

Mark

08-Oct-15
Thank you for your service Jake and all other vets. Thank you to the guys that organized and supported this hunt so that it could happen.

I'll be following this and pulling for Jake to seal the deal on a great bull. Good luck to all.

Also...Quality beard Jake! Strike a blow for the non-manscaped! Have fun!

08-Oct-15
Thank you for your service, Jake!

08-Oct-15
Day 4 is up and we have some great action!

08-Oct-15
Great stuff and great job for putting this together.

I organize and manage a big wounded veteran fly fishing event every summer, and know how rewarding it is to see the effect it has on them. We can't do enough for these heroes.

08-Oct-15
Well done ,Charlie

09-Oct-15
Talk about a cliffhanger! Thanks to everyone involved in this, especially Jake.

09-Oct-15
Lou headed to Trueman Lake for a weekend bass tournament called fishing for freedom some solders wounded most not but a good time is had by all. Sure beats the way the solders who came back from Vietnam were treated. Good luck Jake I hope your eating elk backstraps tonight!

09-Oct-15
A big Thank You to Jake and all our troops.

Thanks Charlie & Dan for putting this together and sharing on Bowsite.

09-Oct-15
Hopefully Charlie is writing up the successful tracking job!

09-Oct-15
Would not expect to find much blood right away or at all on a hit like that but expect there is a dead elk somewhere. Sure hope he is recovered. Positive thoughts your way!

09-Oct-15

Day 5 is up!

09-Oct-15
Sorry it didn't turn out as you hoped, but it still sounds like a wonderful hunt.

Thanks Jake for your service and Charlie for sharing this with us all!

09-Oct-15
Not the ending I was hoping for but still a great experience for everyone! Thanks Charlie and Dan for setting this up for Jake!

Jake, thank you for your service! Hopefully you are able to get back out there and mak good on another elk opportunity soon! God bless!

09-Oct-15
Jake thank you for your service and Charlie for taking us along on this hunt!

09-Oct-15

Again, A Big thanks to all you Bowsite guys that donated to support this hunt. Money is always tight and we need to pick and chose where we give so a big hats off to the Bowsite donors that helped make this happen!

I'll post a few more fun pictures! Here's one of Jake dreaming of elk:)

09-Oct-15

Amazing sunset with Bulls bugling! It doesn't get any better than that!

09-Oct-15

Jake managed to catch a few trout as well!

09-Oct-15

Scotties Cabin!

09-Oct-15
Excellent no matter the result! Sounded like a great trip and that's what it's about. Jake thanks for your service! Great pics as well!!!

10-Oct-15
Great hunt. Thanks for doing it Charlie and Thanks to you Jake for your service and sacrifice.

15-Oct-15
Beautiful area, great people and a memories made that will last a lifetime! Thanks for sharing it with us. Well done, guys!

15-Oct-15
Thanks Charlie, and like the old saying goes "It is not so much the destination that matters but the journey".

And Jake - A sincere thank you from Canada for your service and your sacrifice.

• Sitka Gear