Contributors to this thread:
Tracker12 04-Oct-15
WapitiBob 04-Oct-15
Tracker12 05-Oct-15
Elkaddict 05-Oct-15
Treeline 05-Oct-15
WapitiBob 05-Oct-15
04-Oct-15
I have one less than max elk points and am looking for an archery hunt for 2016. Who's used one-less-than-max points, where have you gone, and what kind of experience did you have? PMs welcome." Primarily looking for a Unit with better than average numbers and the ability to do a solo hunt by an older hunter. 300+ is a bonus but not a priority.

04-Oct-15
I'm at max-1 and still looking. The best type 1 units are out of reach but you can draw any type 9 unit.

05-Oct-15
If I can not find a decent Type 1 tag I will go with a Type 9. That being said I was hoping for a type I. I am retiring by next season and was hoping if I did not tag out on my archery hunt I could head back to WY during the gun season.

05-Oct-15
At max -1 I don't believe you can draw all Type 9 tags, or did I miss something WB?

05-Oct-15
In about the same boat, but won a commisioner's tag this year. Did a lot of looking at different units that I could hunt this year as type one and follow up next year with a type 9. Unfortunately, I was not able to hunt WY this year in archery so don't have the info I wanted. PM me and we can discuss some options.

05-Oct-15
Elk, I may have missed one but 38, 45, and 54 type 9 got the most love with high point guys and they're 100% for max-1.

• Sitka Gear