huntingbob 24-Nov-16
Straight Shooter 24-Nov-16
Bou'bound 25-Nov-16
tobinsghost 25-Nov-16
Flynarrow 25-Nov-16
Sapcut 26-Nov-16
krieger 03-Dec-16
28-Oct-15
I'm going to add to my Kuiu gear. Do they ever run sales, like maybe on black Friday?

28-Oct-15
yes, and good luck. Its usually on accessories or ultra packs. And only on in stock items, therefore most of their clothing lines are not included.

28-Oct-15
Only on stuff they're out of stock on! LOL! I'm only half joking. Seriously though.... Their sales are on in stock items only. But then inventory is so light that often it's hard to take advantage of their sales. They should have one coming up for Black Friday, seems like they do that each year.

28-Oct-15
Check eBay.

28-Oct-15
If you sign up for their mailing list you'll get notices about sales on certain items from time to time.

28-Oct-15
Mossy...funny! That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the title :-)

28-Oct-15
If you are XXXXL you'll be fine they will have your size in stock when the sale comes

28-Oct-15
Bou+1. I've wanted to try quite a few of their products over the years, but every time I go to their website to order, everything I want is "backordered".

28-Oct-15
I am finished with kuiu . the last straw was the pope and young discount code. I tried to make an order and was told that the code was only good for in stock items ....so out of 2000 order I was looking at about 600 that they were willing to apply the discount to. I cancelled the order has bought him Sitka gear.

28-Oct-15
What surfbow said. They send me notices of sales several times a year. Also many times can pre order new gear many times with a discount, have done that too.

In a brick and mortar store, they will have sales just in order to get people into the store to buy other things they offer. "Sales" as a marketing tool, bait if you will, to get you in the door.

In the internet model and especially direct sales with no distributors or dealers such as KUIU, sales are a way to get out from under stock that hasn't sold. Costs involves with warehousing, especially when new merchandise is coming in and needs to go somewhere or pay for yet more warehouse.... that is why sales are limited to stock on hand. And yes, many times that involves, um.... non-conventional sizes....

28-Oct-15
At the P&Y Club conference in Phoenix, they had a discount for everything purchased there and it was for everything, not just in stock stuff. I think it was 10 or 20%. They also had all their clothing lines in all sizes there at the show in their booth so you could try everything on.

See you in St Louis!

29-Oct-15
Little sales here and there, their big one is Black Friday. Everybody likes to rag on KUIU for all their out of stock problems. KUIU is a direct to consumer business. Because of that you save a lot of money over comparable gear like Sitka. Because of that business model they run limited amounts of stock. If you want what you want, when you want it, pay the extra 30-40% and get Sitka gear. If you plan ahead and are paitent, buy the KUIU. You'll save money and get the best gear on the market...period.

29-Oct-15
Kuiu has a lot of stuff in stock right now. Especially hard to get gear like gaiters and attack pants. If you want to give them a go I suggest you get on it as they won't last long. I know this guy wouldn't know what to wear anymore without my attack pants. They've put everything else in the rubbermaid tote for good until it gets too cold for them.

29-Oct-15
Usually have a father's day sale too. Think it was 25% last year or near that. I remember 1 time it was just on solid colors but that was fine by me.

29-Oct-15
BrotskyX2 I just got some attacks ordered today. Love mine!

29-Oct-15
I agree. Their quality and price is well worth the wait. I also agree with and respect his business strategy. He is eliminating the middle man.

Those who shun the company because they have backorder problems don't understand, this is why the pricing is so reasonable for top notch gear.

29-Oct-15
I think someone already mentioned it but if you go to any of the trade shows they usually run a 20-30% show special and that i usually on everything including back ordered stuff

30-Oct-15
Brotsky x3. Id wear them every day if I had enough of them...and that isn't just hunting.

31-Oct-15
Brotsky and SoDak, How do these compare to the First Lite Kanab pants? I have a pair of Kanabs and have wore them from Alaska in the spring to the Utah summer heat. Hard to beat a good pair of merino wool in my opinion.

31-Oct-15
The attacks are better than the kaibabs in my opinion. The attacks are a very good all around pant for everything

01-Nov-15
I'll never need another elk hunting pant now that I used the attacks. If you've never used a 4 way stretch pant when climbing, you don't know what your missing.

not to mention they breath awesome, are pretty water resistant, and dry very quickly. If money wasn't an object, I would buy some none camo versions to wear to work.

02-Nov-15
Great company and a great product, and at an already "reasonable price"...

02-Nov-15
No experience with the first lite. Only other "high end" hunting garb I have ever had were the Russell APXG2 stuff, which I liked (and still do), but they don't hold a candle to the Kuiu's.

I wore my Attacks in the tree stand yesterday I like them so much.

I just like the stretchy material, the "pit zips", pocket layout works for me and they do dry quickly as well.

Sivart brought up a good point. Really good when climbing. Don't have to worry about ripping the crotch out as they flex so well.

Gawd..I am starting to sound like a fanboy....lol.

03-Nov-15
Anybody have the Chinook jacket? Is it quiet? Its a nylon shell right?

20-Nov-16
Kuiu is doing it again big promotion on sale but when you go to order if it is not in stock you back order at full price

20-Nov-16
Everything I needed was there yesterday when I ordered........NEVER had a problem. Great gear that is more affordable than their competitors.

20-Nov-16
No question the gear is fantastic and much more reasonably priced that competition.

20-Nov-16
Chinook jacket is a very nice arechwry elk jacket. Guide jacket can be a little too heavy at times and I like not having a good option.

20-Nov-16
Those of you who like the stretch factor of the Attack Pant might be even more impressed with the Alpine Pant. The only potential downside is whether the exposed knee pads offend your sense of style. I have worn Attack and Alpine...I think the Alpine is even more comfortable.

I hit the 30% sale and picked up some gear. Some things were out of stock which never bothers me. I've seen sales from lots of outdoor companies and they are basically always limited to stock on hand....and sometimes it's very limited. I think most guys understand.

20-Nov-16
30% off sale going on right now. Last day is today.

20-Nov-16
I'm tall and skinny and glad that I found Kuiu. No more poor fitting boxy torso stuff just to get sleeves to fit. Definitely worth checking out if you are tall and thin...

20-Nov-16
I got mine!!

Yes, I wear attack pants almost every day. Sitka Ascent are another pant I like but I love my Attacks and Tibs!

20-Nov-16
I must be lucky as I've never had trouble getting anything from them. I wear a large top and size 32 pants and they had everything I was looking for Thursday morning 8 hrs into the sale.... Just don't order 2 weeks before elk season and all should be good. No one should expect sales to have stock on normal sizes long. Go to any store during a huge sale, average sizes are the 1st gone.

20-Nov-16
Snagged a merino crew shirt. Lots of stuff available in "normal" sizes.

21-Nov-16
Really looking forward to getting my Attack pants in Brown. I do a lot of short sits and like that I can leave the woods, hit the bar for a nightcap and not look like I was out hunting. Plus the last few years I have worn less and less camo.

24-Nov-16
I ordered 2 attack pants in brown a pair of super down pants and some gloves Sunday. I got an e-mail yesterday saying they shipped.

24-Nov-16
Kevin I agree with you 100% The attack pant was my favorite until I bought a pair of the Alpines!!! Unfortunately they were NOT out of stock on anything I needed, I spent some bucks! Lol

DJ

25-Nov-16
they are back with 25% off starting today. Still only have medium in their #1 selling rain gear jacket, the Yukon.

25-Nov-16
Yup, picked up my Guide jacket! Easy peezy!

25-Nov-16
LOL Straight Shooter. I had the same experience.

26-Nov-16
KUIU is awesome. Attack pants are the best ever made. If you're a fatty either loose weight or go to walmart.

03-Dec-16
The KUIU raingear I had was pretty noisy. I ended up with more FL and Kryptek gear.

• Sitka Gear