Contributors to this thread:
MassBucks 04-Nov-15
Sage Buffalo 04-Nov-15
marktm250 04-Nov-15
PAstringking 05-Nov-15
MassBucks 09-Nov-15
bighorn 09-Nov-15
04-Nov-15
I am getting married in August of 2017. Me and my fiancé were talking this past week and SHE suggested that we go on an Elk hunt for our honeymoon! I definitely picked a good one. She likes being outdoors and has been in the woods on a few whitetail hunts with me but has never been out in big woods like CO or MT ect. Here’s the catch… She wants to be able go with me on a hunt once or twice while we are out there, but she also wants to be able to enjoy some girl time. Spa, shopping ect. while I am out hunting. I have been to CO on a diy Elk/Mulie hunt and had a blast. I would certainly go back there, but I am open to other states as well. I figured Bowsite would be the best place to research this because so many of you have experience hunting Elk and I’m sure some of you know some good outfitters. Ideally I would like to go the second or third week of September for 7-10days. I want to be able to hunt elk as well as mulies. This is not something I am able to do yearly so I want to be able to get into action. Most importantly, it needs to be female friendly with activities she can do while I’m in the woods. I see it as a huge win , win. She gets pampered and I get to chase Elk! Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions. - Frankie

04-Nov-15
All I can say is call Vinny Delgado of Montana Hunt Co.

They take only 2 hunters a week and you are staying on a multi-million dollar place with a chef cooking for you.

You are hunting 10k private acres with ponds stocked with cutthroat trout.

This is a premium hunt that I wouldn't have reco'd if you weren't going on your honeymoon. You are also 90 minutes from Yellowstone.

It's a great place that several Bowsiters have gone to. I went with my rifle and tagged a nice elk and a big whitetail (was hunting for Mulies but I can't pass big whitetails :))

BTW they are 100% archery - mostly 6x6 and bigger.

04-Nov-15
Another option in MT is Montana Whitetails. They just built a brand new lodge this year ... pics are on their website. Yellowstone is 90 minutes and Bozeman is less than an hour, which has some shopping. You could hunt and also arrange a float trip for some trout fishing. The hunting is in the foothills of the Crazies and is on the easy side physically. Lots of critters ... you can see whitetail, antelope, moose, elk and black bear (the only grizzly I saw was in the Park) in the same sit.

05-Nov-15
Montana Whitetails are great guys and have some awesome property. The new lodge is beautiful also. Good luck

09-Nov-15
Thanks for the input fellas. I appreciate it. I looked into both of them. They both look very tempting. The videos that Vinny Delgado has up on youtube really got me thinking. Thanks again!!

09-Nov-15
silver spurs colorado

• Sitka Gear