Elkman52 13-Nov-15
NvaGvUp 13-Nov-15
Tilzbow 13-Nov-15
RTJ1980 13-Nov-15
DonVathome 14-Nov-15
midwest 14-Nov-15
oldgoat 14-Nov-15
13-Nov-15
Tagging along with the wife for 5 days(she's on business) the week after Thanksgiving.Thought I would rent a car there might be a place or park I could see some elk?

13-Nov-15
Elk are a bit of a drive from Vegas. But there are rhinos there, spearmint ones. They are worth checking out while your wife is busy.

13-Nov-15
I took my family for a drive into Arizona, from Vegas, 2 summer's ago, and after a not so long of a hike, ran into a heard of Bighorn Sheep. It was not far from Hoover Dam.

They aren't elk, but they were pretty darn neat to come across. Sure made my wife apreciate the near 100° walk in the desert. She thought I was nuts, till she got the first glimpse. HA!!

13-Nov-15
Mike is right. Lots of sheep near the dam and along the highway between Boulder City, NV and Kingman AZ.

13-Nov-15
There are elk near Mt Charelston in Las Vegas and you are only about 3 1/2 hours from the better units in AZ. Also a couple of hours from a few good units in Utah. The elk will be hard to find this time of year unless you drive to Grand Canyon National Park (about 4 hour drive). I just moved from Vegas and had a unit 9 tag in AZ. I am very familiar with that drive.

13-Nov-15
WTH is a spearmint rhino?

13-Nov-15
Thanks all,even the rhino hunter LOL I will google map a few places and see what happens Thanks again

13-Nov-15
Lots of Desert Bighorns in the Las Vegas area, but the elk are at least 200 miles to the north and NNE.

13-Nov-15
Spearmint Rhinos, Crazy Horses, Cheetah's... it's like a petting zoo out there, literally! LOL Nate!

13-Nov-15
Never saw a desert bighorn,maybe I'll try if they are closer.

13-Nov-15
Elkman,

They are often in town in Boulder City.

13-Nov-15

Tilzbow's Link
Mt Charleston has a good population of elk and the area is less than an hour away from Sin City. See link for details.

13-Nov-15
There are plenty of spearmint rhino and I heard they are in the rut just about all year. I heard that Adam "Pac Man" Jones is the only one allowed to fire arm hunt them though. Great for us bow hunters though.

14-Nov-15
Mt Charleston for elk and around Vegas is one of the biggest populations of desert bighorns anywhere. I would be looking for them!

14-Nov-15

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Had to look it up myself...

14-Nov-15
Yeah, me to Midwest!

• Sitka Gear