MallardSX2 18-Nov-15
SwiftShot 18-Nov-15
SwiftShot 18-Nov-15
stealthycat 18-Nov-15
KJC 18-Nov-15
Mule Power 18-Nov-15
17-Nov-15

standswittaknife's Link
Maybe already mentioned but this guy....

17-Nov-15
The affidavit said Hirschboeck then brandished a mace, a medieval weapon with a spiked ball and chain, and asked the man, "What do you think of this?"

you don't see that very often ....

17-Nov-15
Wow....what a douche!

17-Nov-15
Here's what I do like about the article:

"....an investigation was started after 15 hunters complained....."

You won't find that in Canada, after hundreds of caribou hunters complained.

17-Nov-15
You cant make that stuff up! What kind of person would threaten with a Mace or a Claw Hammer? I wont apologize... but that would be a dead man if he did that to me. There is a reason that a .40 is always strapped to my hip. I can only pray that Colorado Justice is swift and fierce.

17-Nov-15
You cant make that stuff up! What kind of person would threaten with a Mace or a Claw Hammer? I wont apologize... but that would be a dead man if he did that to me. There is a reason that a .40 is always strapped to my hip. I can only pray that Colorado Justice is swift and fierce.

17-Nov-15
x2 Nomad. I'm surprised nobody confronted him.

17-Nov-15
Wow hunting without license..touchy subject.i mentioned an outfitter that was caught for the same and got branded as the bad guy!hmm

17-Nov-15
Wow hunting without license..touchy subject.i mentioned an outfitter that was caught for the same and got branded as the bad guy!hmm

18-Nov-15
For the record... he wasn't an illegal outfitter. There's a difference between an outfitter that breaks the law and someone who is just taking money for hunts. It doesn't sound like he was ever licensed. He's just a criminal, period.

18-Nov-15
Amen, Mule!

18-Nov-15
X2 Mule!

18-Nov-15
Mule- So if he was outfitting without the proper license, that means he wasn't an illegal outfitter? I'm glad you are not a judge

18-Nov-15
Thorton, I think you missed Mule's point. The fact is this clown wasn't licensed. He's not an outfitter and shouldn't be called one.

Kinda like some a-hole that shoots an animal in the city zoo with an arrow and the headlines say "Elsie the Elk shot by a bowhunter". Nope, wasn't a bowhuter at all, just a freakin' poacher.

18-Nov-15
wild1- I liked this part: "Cases like this rob everyone of those resources and we will not tolerate anyone who takes advantage of our hunters ... or disrespect our wildlife."

Again, you would not see that in Canada! ;-)

18-Nov-15
I seen a guy "taking a guy for a walk" in the flat tops with a muzzleloader one year. Best part was the guy took his scope off his muzzleloader when he saw me coming. It had some kind of quick detach mount. My friend recognized him in there the year before doing the same crap. The guys he had with him where obviously being guided....we complained and never heard anything about it. It happens a LOT.

18-Nov-15
What a freak.

18-Nov-15
What a freak.

18-Nov-15
I wonder how much the "outfitter" there made over the last few years doing it ?

If the fine doesn't match the crime ... the the crime is worth the risk

18-Nov-15
First, the guys a dirtbag. Second, if you hire a driver and he doesn't have a license than he's not an unlicensed driver? The logic is confusing to say the least.

18-Nov-15
Exactly Wyobullshooter.

It drives me insane when I see news clips that say "Two hunters arrested for hunting at night" and it turns out to be two drunk kids who shot a deer in the middle of summer. Why does it not say "Two youths arrested for illegally killing deer"?

Giving a group of people a black eye like that isn't really right.

Also... I personally believe that a licensed outfitter who gets caught breaking laws should have a stiffer penalty. He is supposed to be a steward for wildlife. He should be setting an example for people and held to a bit higher standards. If he chooses to make a living by killing wildlife and then whores it out illegally for profit there is nothing worse! So you're right... I'd make an eccentric (or crappy maybe) judge because I'd have an poaching licensed outfitter sitting in prison for a long long time. Poached an elk? What's the average lifespan of an elk? 8 to 13 years? There's your sentence!

• Sitka Gear