lineman21 19-Jan-16
wyobullshooter 19-Jan-16
lineman21 19-Jan-16
Shaner94 20-Jan-16
lineman21 20-Jan-16
gib 21-Jan-16
midwest 21-Jan-16
19-Jan-16
My dad would like to go on a cow hunt and I've been looking at these reduced tags to put us in for the draw. Any suggestions for units where a couple guys could go for a week and have a good shot a filling the freezer? He's not a bow hunter so it would be a gun hunt.

Dad has never been elk hunting and Wyoming is close to home. Thanks for all the help!

19-Jan-16
Take a look at areas 9 or 10. The season for Type 6 license holders lasts till 31 Jan off Nat'l forest. By then, a lot of elk are off the mountains and down on the ranches. Contact the Laramie regional G&F office and ask for ranchers that allow hunting and you'd have a great chance at filling your tags. I'd suspect any trespass fee would be minimal.

19-Jan-16
Thanks for the response. I'll look into that.

20-Jan-16
Lineman, is this something you want to do "do it yourself" or hire an outfitter? I know where you can hire someone and private property, 1000s of acres, for I believe $1000/person for a cow. It's mainly a gun hunt though. Lots of very open country. Tough to bowhunt.

20-Jan-16
Thanks for responding. I'd like to keep it DIY or possibly a trespass fee.

21-Jan-16
Shaner94 ,sent you a p.m. thanks gib

21-Jan-16
Your options open way up if you spring for the full price tag. You could hunt some awesome LE units.

• Sitka Gear