LUNG$HOT 21-Jan-16
Rick M 21-Jan-16
Mule Power 22-Jan-16
Beendare 22-Jan-16
trophyhilll 30-Jan-16
Buyse 30-Jan-16
huntingbob 30-Jan-16
20-Jan-16
Lots of us applying for draws in our own states as well as other states. If you do not draw where will you be chasing elk?

I'm located in Idaho so will hunt here regardless of good luck or bad luck in the draws! (grin) How about you?

ElkNut1

20-Jan-16
The past couple years, I've done WY leftover, ID, and CO.

I've never drawn a LE elk tag beyond WY Gen which I'm basically guaranteed this year (2 points).

WY leftover is a huge gamble. I've had one good hunt and one terrible hunt. I'm not going back to central or northern ID again anytime soon, but I would consider southern ID if I didn't have a good spot in CO.

20-Jan-16
Type 6 reduced price in WY

20-Jan-16
Montana for sure. Can do Nevada this year for elk 10 year wait is up. I can also due Montana bighorn again this year going in with 4 bonus points 4 years with no ewe tag draw gets you 4 bonus points. Doing Utah,Az,Nevada& Wyoming for elk

20-Jan-16
no draw then otc colorado.

20-Jan-16
Montana leftover for me if I fail again. No tags last two years, but good timing since I had health issues anyway.

20-Jan-16
Thinking about Montana elk combo or ID if I don't draw.

20-Jan-16
Just started a new job today so I don't think I'll have much vacation by the time elk season rolls around which brings me to the conclusion I'll just stock points for this year and get an otc tag for Colorado. Never been a weekend warrior but looks that way this year. Dam jobs always screw things up! ;)

20-Jan-16
I should draw My home state this year. Yippee! If not, I may jump off a cliff. Lol

21-Jan-16
No archery elk for me this year. I'll try to draw an October muzzy tag, but will spend the September floating Alaska for Yukon Moose....it's on the bucket list.

21-Jan-16
Will hunt Oregon as usual with a good tag or not. May try to get lucky in Wyoming after my amazing hunt there last September. Hey Jesse do you need company in Alaska. I am good with a raft and still have a strong back.

21-Jan-16
OTC in Idaho or Utah.

Montana is always an option.

Wyo Leftover is another option.

Good luck, Robb

21-Jan-16
I should be hunting wy. if not I'll be in Mont. this Sept.

21-Jan-16
Lungshot... aw man you blew it. Any time I start a new job I wait until right after they tell me I have the position... then I say by the way, I don't care if I get paid or not but the Wyoming elk license app had to be in by January (leave the 31st out) and so I just spend over a grand on that so I hope you don't mind I have a trip planned. After that my goal is to make it 2 weeks.

If I don't draw Wyoming I'm more than happy to go hunt Montana. When they move Wyoming application period to a later date I'll be screwed.

21-Jan-16
Scoot, you'll have a blast with your daughter! I took my daughter out who'd not hunted in the past. I think she was 35 then & asked if I'd take her Turkey hunting, I said you bet, it was awesome, I even video taped the hunt, it was awesome! You'll have a great time!

ElkNut1

21-Jan-16
If I don't draw WY or my wife doesn't draw her first big game archery elk tag in UT, I'll go to Idaho over my home state of Utah. I'm 2/3 up there in a heavily pressured area. They will get my non-resident money every year for various reasons besides opportunity.

This will be my daughters first year big game hunting (12). I'll keep a close eye on the tag numbers left and buy one at the last minute if she's ready. I sure would like to take advantage of the youth tag pricing up there! No problem bringing her without a bow though.

If I have to put down my bow in September to get both of them in front of elk...so be it.

21-Jan-16
You're a good man YZF

21-Jan-16
That is exactly what I did last year for my daughters YZF and it was worth it.

I won't find out if a LQ tag will be in my pocket until later but if I don't draw the old standby general tag will have to due. I am also looking at going to hunt OTC in Oregon with a buddy who has been punching his tag consistently.

Good luck to all of you in the draw.

21-Jan-16
If I don't draw my home state or NM then most likely I'll only chase elk in my dreams this year. I will be chasing mule deer though!

21-Jan-16
That's my other option.... if I don't draw Wyoming elk I could hunt Wyo mule deer.

21-Jan-16
I hear ya Mule... hind sight is always 20/20. Story of my life. Who knows, maybe I'll strike it rich before then and hunt the whole month! Fingers crossed. ;)

21-Jan-16
When I don't dray Wyoming, points creep, It will be Montana. I have a really, really nice offer on a LE tag. If I don't draw that Mt general is still pretty good. Utah is getting close but not this year.

Good luck in the draws! YZF, I hope your wife and daughter pull tags.

22-Jan-16
Change of plans: Just got in on the Bowhunters of Wyoming Commissioners License raffle. I just have to figure out what unit to hunt when I win.

22-Jan-16
I think i'm going to try and draw Nev with my 15 points...but its a weighted draw squared points so who knows?

Then probably Idaho but don't tell anyone...everybody thinks the wolves killed all the elk and go to Colo.

30-Jan-16
CO if I don't draw.

30-Jan-16
Montana all the way. Either special draw or general. Either way I have options. Love this State!!!

30-Jan-16
OTC in Colorado. Building points again.

• Sitka Gear