Bluff Bucks 23-Jan-16
Arrowflinger 23-Jan-16
sticksender 23-Jan-16
easeup 23-Jan-16
Bucknut 27-Jan-16
Mike-TN 27-Jan-16
Jaeger63 29-Jan-16
22-Jan-16
Looking to go to 76 this fall if the point creep doesn't get me. Just looking to see if anyone has hunted recently? If you did were you in the burn area? How was the hunting? ETC.

Thanks, John

22-Jan-16
I've hunted it but not recently- 2010

23-Jan-16
I hunted it in 2014.We did not hunt the burn area. I tagged out first day around 11:30.We called in 4 bulls that I passed. The 5th one was a 290 class 6x6 and gave me a 20 yard shot which I was glad to take. We stayed 7 more days and my buddy missed a couple shots and we saw a good number of elk. Its beautiful country and a fun unit to hunt. We did not see any giant bulls but quite a few good ones. Good luck !!

23-Jan-16
How many points would it take to draw for nonresident?

23-Jan-16
Arrowflinger, 14 pp should guarantee a NR to draw, if the allocation is unchanged. A majority portion of the NR's applying with 13 pp should also draw. Very slim chance that a few NR with 12 pp could draw.

23-Jan-16
bucknut I have been thinking of burning my points also this year. Interesting thing would be if some could comment on how the extent of beetle kill up there affected their hunt. sorry if I pushed your thread.

27-Jan-16
I don't know about 76 but my brother hunted 80 which is right beside 76 and it was totally ate up with beetle kill. Fire will wipe it out someday.

27-Jan-16
I was in 76 this past September with a moose tag. Also hunted 76 about 10 years ago for elk. Beetles have killed every spruce tree over about 10" in diameter. IMO no impact to hunting yet but at some point when those trees begin to fall I'm not sure how one would get through the woods. You will have a good hunt in 76 if your are in shape and give yourself a couple weeks to be successful. A 280-320 is not unrealistic.

Mike-TN

29-Jan-16
Mike-TN Pm sent

• Sitka Gear