IdyllwildArcher 22-Jan-16
'Ike' (Phone) 22-Jan-16
BULELK1 23-Jan-16
Charlie Rehor 23-Jan-16
Garbo 23-Jan-16
AZBUGLER 23-Jan-16
22-Jan-16

WapitiBob's Link
When I was talking to the boss a cpl days ago I was told they were working on a news release to help explain some of the changes. It's on the portal front page.

http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/Rule-change-to-affect-non-residents-applying-for-hunt-permit-tags.shtml

22-Jan-16
Good stuff Bob, thx

Looks like i was right in the previous thread and was slammed for saying it....it IS possible in that second round that non res get shortchanged.......non res aren't guaranteed the 10% of tags as the second 5% is up for grabs.

From the release; "In the past, if there were 10 hunt permit-tags available to non-residents, all of them would be available during the bonus point pass. Now only five of these would be available in the bonus point pass. If all five are issued, then the other five would be available during the remaining two passes. There is no guarantee that all 10 hunt permit-tags would be issued to non-residents; "

There is no doubt this new system favors residents...

22-Jan-16
We're drawing, I can feel it.

22-Jan-16
You're right Beendare. But look at my numbers based on bonus points in the same thread. NRs are heavily represented in the upper BP levels. Statistics say we will draw our tags based on points.

NRs have more individuals with any given number of bonus point levels between 8 and 26 points except for one.

One NR with 10 points (10 points plus 1 for app) has better odds of drawing a tag than ten residents with 0 points in the 1-2 pass.

We need to grab 10% (really 5% to get ours because we'll always take ours in the bonus pass) of the tags. I can't remember the % of the BPs we have of total...what was it? 20%? 25%? 30%? I can't remember, but it was way more than 5%.

We'll get ours.

22-Jan-16
Bruce, shot you a PM...

23-Jan-16
Cool--

Thx W-Bob

Good luck, Robb

23-Jan-16
So if a Unit has 15 total tags under the new system there will be ZERO tags in the first pass and 1 in the second. It would appear that regardless of how many points you have they have convinced us there is a chance:)

Excellent marketing plan to assure we keep forking over the cash!

23-Jan-16
Thanks for the good info. I spoke with an AZ representative at the Sheep show in Reno yesterday, she was very helpful, but I was still not exactly clear on all of my questions for her. Not sure if she knew that the recent news release was posted on their site yet. The mud has cleared a little, so I guess it's time to apply.

23-Jan-16
Thanks for the link Bob!

• Sitka Gear