cityhunter 23-Jan-16
backcountry bowman 23-Jan-16
Rick M 23-Jan-16
Doubleforky 24-Jan-16
backcountry bowman 24-Jan-16
Junior 25-Jan-16
backcountry bowman 25-Jan-16
23-Jan-16
I am looking for some pointers for a non res with the points above. I will be hunting diy on public land. Number of animals would definitely trump trophy quality. I've done a fair amount of research and seem to be somewhat in no-mans land as far as points go..... I have all the gear to pack in several miles. What units would you guys be applying for? Pm me with any pointers. Thanks in advance!

23-Jan-16
hire a outfitter 5 years of points and u dont have a solid unit pick WOW

23-Jan-16
City, let me explain a little. I hunted Wyoming a few years ago and was planning to build points for a few more years as I've got a couple of young boys and I haven't done research like I did before they were born. I was planning to hold out a few more years, but my uncle who has more points than me just got ahold of me and wants to hunt deer or elk. I realize my original post wasn't very well said or thought out.

23-Jan-16
Is that the average of both your points or just yours?

24-Jan-16
How many points does your uncle have. If you and your uncle apply together, Wyoming averages the pts, so if your uncle would have 9 or 10 pts and with your five you would be going into the draw as 7 or 7.5 points for elk. If you are applying together make a list of what units you can draw and narrow it down from there. You can figure out the draw results from the game and fish website or make it easier and subscribe to hunterstrailhead.com. Personally I like to focus on one species at a time but saying that you never what you might come across.

24-Jan-16
Those points are our averages

25-Jan-16
You are in no man's land for elk, either save more points or go general. The deer you could probably draw..G&H get talked about a lot for deer...I will give you a bit more advice.. Pick one specie and hunt, it gets tough trying to do both hunts and you usually end up waisting a tag.

25-Jan-16
Thanks for the feedback guys, we weren't planning to hunt deer and elk both in one year. I think I have a plan devised. Thanks again

• Sitka Gear