LKH 26-Jan-16
LKH 26-Jan-16
IdyllwildArcher 26-Jan-16
flyingbrass 26-Jan-16
Royboy 26-Jan-16
Geeman 26-Jan-16
IdyllwildArcher 26-Jan-16
26-Jan-16
Looks to me that if I apply for general tag special it should be 100%. Is that correct? And could you tell me odds of general tag regular? First choice,thanks.

26-Jan-16
Any Preference points??

26-Jan-16
Any Preference points??

26-Jan-16
Assuming you have zero points? You can't really answer that question without that information...

We won't have a real trend to look at in the special draw till after this year, but the odds could very well be worse than 50/50 this year for zero points. It's hard to calculate with the roll over to the regular draw and the fact that it's not been <100% for very long.

The total apps in the special draw for the General tag have been going up by 300 apps/yr for the past 4 app years and the creep is just started so it's tough to say.

In the regular draw, the odds should be around 15% for someone with zero points.

26-Jan-16
and it's not only getting worse in WY, it will continue to get worse in WY as other states point creep compounds the problem. as more people figure out creep they put in for more states which again compounds the problem

26-Jan-16
Sorry zero points.

26-Jan-16
What are the odds for a general tag with one preference point? Does 1st choice matter only for the random draw or both?

26-Jan-16
In the special draw, with one point, it should be 100%.

In the regular draw, with one point, you'll have about a 20% chance in the bonus round, then a 15% chance in the random round if you don't draw in the bonus round.

If you want a tag, put it as your 1st choice. You may have a small chance at drawing it as a 2nd choice in the special draw, but, IMO, if you want to hunt, it's not worth the risk for only keeping one point.

• Sitka Gear