WapitiBob 28-Jan-16
Z Barebow 29-Jan-16
bigeasygator 29-Jan-16
Trial153 29-Jan-16
28-Jan-16

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
Before I post this message, I want to thank Pat for allowing me to be a sponsor on his website. I've been hanging out here for 12 years and when I decided to start advertising my Podcast and my new YouTube channel, I figured the best place to start was Bowsite. You guys are some of the most informed hunters in our mix and I learn a ton from reading here.

Some know I produce the TV shows Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg and formerly, On Your Own Adventures. Both being self-guided public land hunting. From the TV shows has come the new podcast, Randy Newberg Unfiltered, that we started in July of 2015.

In my 20 years of applying in all the western states and ramping that up the last 8 years as I try to get 10-12 tags per year for the TV show, I've made plenty of mistakes in the application game. From those mistakes and two decades of research, I've been forced to learn a bit of how the systems work.

"Drawing tags" is probably one of the questions I get most often from viewers and listeners. Since a lot of those questions are the same, I decided to do a podcast just on elk applications in the states hosting the most non-resident elk hunters.

It is not all inclusive, but an attempt to provide an overview. Some of you know more than I do on this topic. The hope is that even the old hands will get a bit of worthwhile info and those trying to learn more can avoid some of the pitfalls I found in my travels.

This podcast episode was produced as a compliment to our new YouTube series, Elk Talk, that is 30 episodes about elk hunting, the first ten of which are about drawing tags in each state. You can find that on our YouTube channel (Randy Newberg, Hunter). The first two episodes are up on YouTube, with more coming every week; every episode being about public land elk hunting.

If you are inclined to listen to podcasts, either episode #15 that is about drawing elk tags, or the prior 14 episodes, the link to the podcast on Stitcher is above. For iTunes folks, you can search it in iTunes and download it there.

Thanks to Pat for letting us join his great group of sponsors. Thanks to all of you for the great information I get from reading your posts.

Best of luck in the tag drawings this year.

28-Jan-16

Big Fin's Link
iTunes link provided above.

28-Jan-16
I listened today. While I knew the gist of WY I appreciated the details you provided. Thanks and keep on keeping on.

28-Jan-16
Great podcast. I'd like to thank you for the work you do and information you so freely share with others.

28-Jan-16
Randy's podcasts, YouTube channel, and website are a good resource for anyone. You're missing out if you're not taking advantage of them.

I believe we need to thank you, for being an information resource and being forthright in bringing that information to us when doing so has consequences.

29-Jan-16
Thanks for all you do Randy. Your insight and efforts to help all sportsmen is appreciated. At least by this guy!

29-Jan-16
Thanks Randy! I've always enjoyed the occasional visit to Hunt Talk and have always marveled at your willingness to provide information there and the other forums you visit. You are a great voice for the hunter and I hope you know that what you do does not go unnoticed and is greatly appreciated!

I've also been listening to the podcast since you started it and they have been fantastic. As others have posted, they are chalk full of information and tremendously insightful! Plus, they're just good old fashioned fun! Thanks again, Randy!

29-Jan-16
Randy's podcast are top shelf, very enjoyable

• Sitka Gear